Poor Brown

18 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Maybe football loving Starmer should have encouraged his labour controlled council to support their local football team a bit more.

The national recognition a town or city gets, when they've got a league football team is not to be underestimated. It helps commercial activity within the area.

See @Srg ‘s explanation above , the council have reasonable doubts about the ownership / investment into the club who could renegotiate the lease. 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

See @Srg ‘s explanation above , the council have reasonable doubts about the ownership / investment into the club who could renegotiate the lease. 

I think it's the ownership/investment into the facility that could renegotiate with Gateshead, not the other way round.

34 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I think It's the council that are trying to sell our get investment for the ground. If that's the case, surely a replacement facility should be made available for the local community.

I know that Solihull Moors are on borrowed time at their current location, but an alternative site has been sorted out, which must be too the satisfaction of the EFL.