Wildsmith

DCFC1388

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that the only other option? 

Warne gets the final say on who is signed doesn't he?

So Pearce does our contract negotiating - I've asked before who does it, but no reply.

Thanks for your input. 

1. Pretty much, yes. Look at the state of the transfer market this time round especially. Inflated figures has led to less movement and therefore the selling clubs now have far more power. This time round, it seems the only way to get a player quickly is to throw money at it- the downside of which is severely decreased value for money within the deal. If we're being more frugal, which most fans seem to appreciate, then drawn-out negotiations are an unfortunate part of this strategy.

2. In terms of 'would this player fit the squad?', then likely yes. Not literally he's got the final say on whether the monetary figure is right etc.
(But this is the crux of it for me, we don't know because these dealings are private- you can't go namedropping people for unfair criticism if you have no proof of their level of involvement...)

3. Again, no idea on extent, but he will be involved heavily as CEO, that's a given. 

4. No worries, always happy to help educate 🙂

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

No worries, always happy to help educate 🙂

😄 By saying:

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

(But this is the crux of it for me, we don't know because these dealings are private- you can't go namedropping people for unfair criticism if you have no proof of their level of involvement...)

Don't take up education as a profession. 😄

This is a place for discussing thoughts and rumours about DCFC. Yours without facts to back them up is the same value as mine. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

😄 By saying:

Don't take up education as a profession. 😄

This is a place for discussing thoughts and rumours about DCFC. Yours without facts to back them up is the same value as mine. 

Your aspersion was because the club have had time to identify targets, we should have signed a keeper by now. (If it wasn't explicit, that was definitely the inference). 

I pointed out that our collective lack of awareness of the nuances of these dealings in general, and the idiosyncrasies of the JWZ deal, mean that we are not in a position to be making such negative aspersions, as that would border on conjecture.

You then claim that because neither of us know the facts, our opinions are equal. I'd argue my examination of the provenance and acknowledgement of the unknown actually elevates my stance here to be fairly obviously more informed than yours. I feel like you're going to disagree with this somehow though  🤔😂

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Your aspersion was because the club have had time to identify targets, we should have signed a keeper by now. (If it wasn't explicit, that was definitely the inference). 

I pointed out that our collective lack of awareness of the nuances of these dealings in general, and the idiosyncrasies of the JWZ deal, mean that we are not in a position to be making such negative aspersions, as that would border on conjecture.

You then claim that because neither of us know the facts, our opinions are equal. I'd argue my examination of the provenance and acknowledgement of the unknown actually elevates my stance here to be fairly obviously more informed than yours. I feel like you're going to disagree with this somehow though  🤔😂

Oooh aspersion. I made a comment that asked a question. It's a messageboard.

Now you tell me you have all the answers, I've read some of your posts on Facebook and Tik Tok I reckon. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oooh aspersion. I made a comment that asked a question. It's a messageboard.

Now you tell me you have all the answers, I've read some of your posts on Facebook and Tik Tok I reckon. 

Thanks for confirming I'm correct by virtue of this petulant response. Enjoy the rest of your day buddy 😁

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Thanks for confirming I'm correct by virtue of this petulant response. Enjoy the rest of your day buddy 😁

No worries. It's worth it to stop your comments. 👍