Derby County v Reading: Ratings

On 12/03/2024 at 22:24, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

1Wildsmith 6 comfortable night

35Nelson 8 rock solid

5Bradley 6.5 few ropey moments , forgivable because of illness

2Wilson 7 caused havoc

6Cashin 9 superb all round performance 

23Ward 7 kept up the good form

27Blackett-Taylor 7 beginning to look a talent

32Adams 8.5 what more can you say about him, superb

4Hourihane 7 best performance for a while

12Smith 7 unlucky not to be in team

17Sibley 6 quieter night from Louie

7Barkhuizen 8 form is holding up

25Gayle 8.5 great goal , great performance 

10Waghorn 6 should of scored

11Méndez-Laing 7 played very well in spells

3Forsyth 7 great to see him back

atg

1Wildsmith 7.5 Several decent saves including a point blank worldy. Welcome back Joe, that was an excellent afternoon's work

35Nelson 7.0 - Stood firm yet again. I love this fella, he just gets on with it doing his job and doing it well. Got a nose bleed when missing with a point blank header but he gets a pass from me on that. Top player.

5Bradley 6.5 - Did ok and manfully so given he's not been right in over a week. Feel better soon Sonny.

2Wilson - I've felt a bit for Kane as he was doing so well prior to the move to a back 3 and I think his form suffered for that and his confidence with it. Got the match winner today though and gets an extrra point for that critical intervention. Great stuff Kano!

6Cashin 7.0 - I thought he wasn't his usual rock solid self today, but Cash's ok is still pretty damn good.

23Ward 7.0 - Folk are so quick to jump on this lad but he's been the principle threat in two critical games now since his return to the fold and he's alright with me.

27Blackett-Taylor 6.5 - Confession; I somehow didn't notice him come on, though I was struggling to watch the last 10 mins. Gets a 6 plus a 0.5 win bonus.

32Adams 8.0 - Mate, can you just stop it. I make this your 4th MOTM since arriving from yours truly and it's getting embarrassing now. Another herculean shift and it feels like he's been here years already. Our best signing in years, bar none. Get him contracted please Mr Clowes!

4Hourihane 7.0 - Was actually ok today but without Gayle as our target / hold-up man, he looked overrun in a busy midfield.

12Smith 7.0 - I like Korey and his calmness. I'd start him next game.

17Sibley 6.5 - Quiet after a string of good outings. Continues to work hard though and gets plaudits for that.

7Barkhuizen 7.5 - Apparently took a knock, hence what I felt at the time to be an odd hooking. Another strong showing from a player in top form.

25Gayle 8.0 - Looked good again and we struggled when he went off injured. Come back sonn please Dwight. We need you! 

10Waghorn 6.5 - Solid enough without looking really on it. We need Wags to find form and quickly now though with Gayle out for a number of weeks.

11Méndez-Laing 7.0 - Good again. One moment of madness as frustration crept in, but a really solid game all the same.

3Forsyth 7.0 - So glad to have him back! When lesser minds faltered, he remained calmness personified. This was a quality showing from Mr Derby himself.

WarneWatch - Bit of a mixed bag, gaffer, but you seem to be negotiating the bumps in the road with aplomb and for that you have my sincere thanks and admiration. Well done! 

12 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

1Wildsmith 7.5 Several decent saves including a point blank worldy. Welcome back Joe, that was an excellent afternoon's work

35Nelson 7.0 - Stood firm yet again. I love this fella, he just gets on with it doing his job and doing it well. Got a nose bleed when missing with a point blank header but he gets a pass from me on that. Top player.

5Bradley 6.5 - Did ok and manfully so given he's not been right in over a week. Feel better soon Sonny.

2Wilson - I've felt a bit for Kane as he was doing so well prior to the move to a back 3 and I think his form suffered for that and his confidence with it. Got the match winner today though and gets an extrra point for that critical intervention. Great stuff Kano!

6Cashin 7.0 - I thought he wasn't his usual rock solid self today, but Cash's ok is still pretty damn good.

23Ward 7.0 - Folk are so quick to jump on this lad but he's been the principle threat in two critical games now since his return to the fold and he's alright with me.

27Blackett-Taylor 6.5 - Confession; I somehow didn't notice him come on, though I was struggling to watch the last 10 mins. Gets a 6 plus a 0.5 win bonus.

32Adams 8.0 - Mate, can you just stop it. I make this your 4th MOTM since arriving from yours truly and it's getting embarrassing now. Another herculean shift and it feels like he's been here years already. Our best signing in years, bar none. Get him contracted please Mr Clowes!

4Hourihane 7.0 - Was actually ok today but without Gayle as our target / hold-up man, he looked overrun in a busy midfield.

12Smith 7.0 - I like Korey and his calmness. I'd start him next game.

17Sibley 6.5 - Quiet after a string of good outings. Continues to work hard though and gets plaudits for that.

7Barkhuizen 7.5 - Apparently took a knock, hence what I felt at the time to be an odd hooking. Another strong showing from a player in top form.

25Gayle 8.0 - Looked good again and we struggled when he went off injured. Come back sonn please Dwight. We need you! 

10Waghorn 6.5 - Solid enough without looking really on it. We need Wags to find form and quickly now though with Gayle out for a number of weeks.

11Méndez-Laing 7.0 - Good again. One moment of madness as frustration crept in, but a really solid game all the same.

3Forsyth 7.0 - So glad to have him back! When lesser minds faltered, he remained calmness personified. This was a quality showing from Mr Derby himself.

WarneWatch - Bit of a mixed bag, gaffer, but you seem to be negotiating the bumps in the road with aplomb and for that you have my sincere thanks and admiration. Well done! 

This is the Reading ratings thread! You been celebrating a bit too much? 😂

ATG

1Wildsmith - 6  Fooled by the deflection off Sibs for their goal and had expected a deeper cross. 

35Nelson - 7 The usual rock 

5Bradley - 6 Steady enough but gave the ball away in a dangerous position late on. Is there a pattern here?

2Wilson - 7 I don't think he ever knows what he's going to do with the ball so what chance do the opposition have?

6Cashin - 7 Just off his usual standard but still a good performance. 

23Ward - 7 A couple of overhit crosses didn't damage his levels of performance. 

27Blackett-Taylor - 6 Showed why we got him. Still getting up to speed following his injury(ies?)

32Adams - 7.5 We've been crying out for a Seth/GT type for years. Hopefully we can sign him on  a permanent in the summer

4Hourihane - 6  Good free kick for Gayle's opener. Fabricated Yiadom's 2nd yellow. I fear he no longer has the pace. May be better as a late sub to help keep control?

12Smith - 7 Back to his best

17Sibley - 6  Not his best but still a solid game

7Barkhuizen - 8 This what he CAN do. Now needs consistency.

25Gayle -8 I'm another who had doubts due to his age and goal return over the past couple of seasons but I was smart enough to add the caveat that most of us had thought the same of CKR and Didzy.

10Waghorn - 6 Waggy. You know what you get and we did.

11Méndez-Laing - 6 Another not at his best but still a decent performance 

3Forsyth - 6. Solid minutes following his injury. LB/LWB or CH, more than competent in all 3 roles. Good to have him back.