TV and broadband

Looking for help with this. Been with Virgin for ages. Want to switch to sky. 

Now, I thought I'd be contacting sky, organize package etc, then they'd come and install dish, Q box etc, and somehow switch the broadband to them. But......all the deals they seem to have are something called sky stream . Delivered next day, plug and play etc. That means I'd still be on virgin broadband? Is the sky Q box obsolete these days?? 

Does the stream puck thing work ok? Has anyone switched BOTH broadband and TV from virgin to sky recently, and if so, how do you actually go about it? 

I'm out of contract with virgin if that's of any relevance. 

10 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Now, I thought I'd be contacting sky, organize package etc, then they'd come and install dish, Q box etc, and somehow switch the broadband to them. But......all the deals they seem to have are something called sky stream . Delivered next day, plug and play etc. That means I'd still be on virgin broadband? Is the sky Q box obsolete these days?? 

Does the stream puck thing work ok? Has anyone switched BOTH broadband and TV from virgin to sky recently, and if so, how do you actually go about it? 

My Virgin package was ending this month and I'd decided to ditch the TV/Tivo and the Phone Line and I never use either of them any more. Foolishly thinking that I could keep just the broadband and it would be considerably cheaper

Alas no - their whole set of tariffs are rigged to actively prevent you from taking just one service. The bundles are ALL cheaper

And every "deal" they offered me was slightly more expensive than what I pay now - but also included more features (despite me repeatedly telling them I just wanted broadband and nothing else)

So I said if they couldn't offer me just broadband then I wanted to cancel and would get my broadband elsewhere

At which point they miraculously found a better deal that was £20 a month cheaper than what I was paying now. And still included the TV and phone that I don't want. So they are effectively paying me to keep features I don't want or need

The whole market is a sham

22 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Scroll down to Sky Essentials there's a Q box deal there 🤷‍♂️ click on load more deals

https://sky.digital-tv.co.uk/providers/sky?et=katdtv194&li=&__ukwm=q:KW|v:2|t:w|s:G|a:0|c:419022475|g:1289727527692107|k:sky new customer|kt:p|d:c|dm:|ad:|ap:|st:S|n:o|t:|ce:{aceid}|p1:|p2:|p:|loc_p:41049|loc_i:|end:1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing-DTV-Online - Sky - BMM&utm_term=sky new customer&utm_content=Bing-B-Online-Sky-New-customers#sort=recommended 

Edited by Ram-Alf

We should never have to pay for broadband, What a rip off.

The global corporations who make billions out of the internet could easily afford to not charge us,

We buy stuff from them. They make their money out of us using Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, and all the other mega corps that control and own the internet.

Its no different then having to pay to go to a street market for the pleasure of buying summat from a stall.