My view of the millwall game

B4ev6is

well the lads lost there unbeaten run but this due, to the that lads got to cocky thinking they can, out play every team and this is simple not going to happen, what we needed to do was hit and move football, try playing the ball into space, instead of playing long ball Kuqi, and playing right into there hands every single time, but when we did try play the ball, on the ground it was always left and right, and making easy for millwall the way we play. Instead of looking up and seeing gaps and try passing around them. I think savage did not help matter he has the heart, but no longer has the legs for it anymore. I think james bailey need green next to him, so they could get forward making hard for millwall defance and midfield for pick them up. Brouno need cykwa to work next to him and able to pull defance away from, common and Kuqi making it easier to get into good position. and final to derby defance we needed to stand our ground, not back off and give millwall miles and miles, to mover around in we need to keep at them, keep nipping at our ankles. If they had done this it might have turn our differently. I think maybe nigal throught rest a few players from tuesday was a good idea. but should been same side that beat doncaster.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thing is we need him as crafts hard and trys to make things happen, i still think we need someone with a burst of pace, to play along side of him, and someone to run on thlick ons and through passes, he is better we he getting decent service into the area, to be fair to him yesterday, he was feeding of scrapes and that didn't help him, and he had a tall defander, marking him and need someone to pull him away from him.

I agree about Savage. His enthusiasm for the game hasn't diminished. He's got the attitude, he's a worker and he knows where to be and when..... the problem is he's a little slow to get there and he's easily bypassed. When he's given a more specific role (such as man mark a player eg Taraabt) he's much more effective. Using his experience and battling qualities to great effect. His energy isn't wasted chasing shadows as he's just following one player rather than trying to read a fast game he can't keep up with anymore.

We're just going to have to learn how to play against teams who are going to get in our faces.

The best way to learn is by playing (and probably losing to considering it's early days for the team and style AND formation) teams who will get amongst us.

It's important as fans to be patient with days like Millwall and Sheff Utd. We're still laying foundations and a lot of other teams styles are going to be brand new experiences to play against.

well the lads lost there unbeaten run but this due, to the that lads got to cocky thinking they can, out play every team and this is simple not going to happen, what we needed to do was hit and move football, try playing the ball into space, instead of playing long ball Kuqi, and playing right into there hands every single time, but when we did try play the ball, on the ground it was always left and right, and making easy for millwall the way we play. Instead of looking up and seeing gaps and try passing around them. I think savage did not help matter he has the heart, but no longer has the legs for it anymore. I think james bailey need green next to him, so they could get forward making hard for millwall defance and midfield for pick them up. Brouno need cykwa to work next to him and able to pull defance away from, common and Kuqi making it easier to get into good position. and final to derby defance we needed to stand our ground, not back off and give millwall miles and miles, to mover around in we need to keep at them, keep nipping at our ankles. If they had done this it might have turn our differently. I think maybe nigal throught rest a few players from tuesday was a good idea. but should been same side that beat doncaster.

I think the word you're looking for is complacency... We'd all have been happy with 2 points from these two away games so let's not all be so down in the dumps...

OR maybe Derby just need a proper plan B, as when teams get up in our faces and physical our game is totally snuffed out, as shown against Millwall and Sheff Utd. Its great watching such good football, but when teams get tough, we need to be tougher.

I was thinking about plan B today (I'm on holiday ooop north, was quiet in the clubhouse last night, watching the footie,LUFC *snigger*), and let's hope that plan B is being practiced and worked out as we speak and hopefully, it doesn't take as long to get right, as plan A.

Two good goals from Milwall tbf.

Their first goal looks odd on t.v. Everytime i've seen it i expect Fielding to just catch it as it loops slowly in. The camera angle really doesn't help Fielding.

Any Leeds fans mention whether or not their route to world domination is still on course?

I bet Man Utd are shatting themselves.

You know, their rivalry with Huddersfield looks far more credible right now. ;)

Millwall was a strange one - went there full of expectation after the previous two games but the whole experience was strangely flat (like we never really got going).

I know Millwall got in our faces, but I also think there was an element of it just not happening for us on the day.

Let's put it right against Watford...looks like they'll have a certain Danny Graham up front to boot...

:D

Maybe we need a motivator on the pitch...We were a bit flat second half v Preston and Donny so Millwall wasnt entirely unexpected.

Not sure that Sav can do that. Barker is pretty quiet on the pitch too.

Archived