Carlisle Utd V Derby County : Player Ratings

Ellafella

1Wildsmith 6; 2 good & 2 bad: 2 good acrobatic saves to keep out hard drives & 2 moments of fortune when saved by the woodwork.

24Nyambe 6.5: solid, strong, physical. Improves our solidity.

35Nelson 8: Class. Tackled hard, headed hard, blocked 🚫 hard. Read the game. 

6Cashin 7: zeberdee like spring to win numerous headers; some sloppy passes & a rugby tackle when in a tangle & yellowed for it.

3Forsyth 6.5: Reliable metronome - back & forth but sloppy passes twice.

11Méndez-Laing 6.5: electric pace at times & credit for the assist.

Washington 6: Late legs show

12Smith 6: Tidied up the scraps but we need more presence & menace in the engine room.

22Fornah 7: Strong, power and Fornah-forays stand out.

17Sibley 6: blind alleys and little impact.

7Barkhuizen 7: Fresh legs late on but supplied intelligent zip and passing tidiness

10Waghorn 6 Lots of tangle-foot and forlorn turns into side streets & brick walls

Wilson 7 Neat tidy and nimble and his press was key in winning the pen

9Collins 8 MOTM Vey industrial & industrious. Took his goal well. Won the penalty through sheer lost-cause chasing then thwacked it Charlie George into the roof. Suspect Warne sat him on the front seat of the coach on the journey home. 

points clean sheet 2 away goals yet I still didn’t have that euphoria at 90 minutes of a win in somebody else’s back yard. I can’t recall 3 combination passes nor any period of Derby control; although we looked promising at the off. Instead we got served up “street football” and Collins was the epitome - guts, chaser of lost causes, kidology and roughing up the opponents at any opportunity. Does this brand have a future? It may seem churlish but I hope not.