Ryan Allsop

beardyjim

• 8 months later...
7 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

All this uncertainty around Wildsmith not signing a new contract, wonder if Allsop could be available now that Hull have let Rosenior go.

Did wonder but there would be a fee.  Wildsmith has better one on one reaction but Allsopps distribution is far better.  Either way,  If he's stalling on a contract I don't think more would be offered, so look for someone new.   We can't afford to be waiting with a fair bit of major surgery required, so I'd hope we'd be adopting the Mawene route on indecision. 

39 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

Hull owner has highlighted disagreement with Rosenior over the handling of Allsop.

The owner wanted him rested and Rosenior said no.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-derby-liam-rosenior-allsop-9287846

Could be just at the right time for us if Wildsmith wants out

Struggle with this sort of signing.  He was a nomad for 10 years and was given a free by Wycombe.  Then he gets to to play for us for a year after we gave him a trial, we offer him a long term deal and he tells us to do one when he could have been part of the resurgence of a club with a supporter base who took to him.  Why dig him out the s*** again. It's a no from me. Appreciate others may have a different view but my memories long for this kind of thing. 

I always thought that he hung around longer than most in the hope that something would materialize for him but ended up going to Cardiff mid June.  

Whilst I agree with the sentiment (wouldn't take Bielik or Buchanan now) he could be a viable cheaper alternative to the Rotherham goalie.

That being said us keeping hold of Wildsmith on a longer contract would be better all round

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Struggle with this sort of signing.  He was a nomad for 10 years and was given a free by Wycombe.  Then he gets to to play for us for a year after we gave him a trial, we offer him a long term deal and he tells us to do one when he could have been part of the resurgence of a club with a supporter base who took to him.  Why dig him out the s*** again. It's a no from me. Appreciate others may have a different view but my memories long for this kind of thing.