Mike Dean VAR

Geriatram

On 25/08/2023 at 20:33, Wolfie said:

I just can’t quite work out why he’s admitted to it. Who gains from that?

Isn't it obvious? The man's a raging narcissist who is no longer able to make games all about him and his neediness and desperation to remain relevant has clearly trumped any notions about protecting the integrity of the game, or that of his ex-peers, or even in terms of his own reputation.

Now he's not directly involved, he's happy to watch it burn if it keeps his name in the papers.

Man's a ****.

On 26/08/2023 at 01:02, The Last Post said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12447717/Premier-League-officials-FURIOUS-Mike-Dean.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/25/football-daily-email-mike-dean

The officials are seeing it, VAR will ask for a referral as they would have had multiple views of said incident, The man in black has a second or 2 to make a decision.

VAR looks to have sorted the offside rule and is getting a faster response, Penalties are very subjective...it's 1 or 2 persons opinion then analysed in the TV studio.

There's nothing wrong with VAR it's how a match official in a booth miles away makes his decision, You know when VAR sends the man in black what the result will be, I've only seen Michael Oliver turn down a VAR referral and stood with his...no penalty decision...VAR thought it was clear and obvious...so 2 different opinions, Moss and Webb thought the Man U Vs Wolves penalty was a penalty, Hooper and Salisbury(VAR)didn't. 

Handball is my bug bare, Where actually is the "natural position" and how many inches away from the body should a natural position be...again a subjective opinion.

Scrap VAR but this wont happen without FIFAs intervention.     

"bug bare"?  What do naked insects have to do with anything?  😉

Edited by MickD