Rooney to leave United

Wilko

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that its Rooney's fault for ******* up his personal life, but i cant help thinking that the media in this country is driving the best players in the Premier league abroad. He is constantly in the papers, on the news etc. No wonder the guy want to leave Man yooo

This has happend with a few players

Ronaldo

Beckham

Robinho

I know that its Rooney's fault for ******* up his personal life, but i cant help thinking that the media in this country is driving the best players in the Premier league abroad. He is constantly in the papers, on the news etc. No wonder the guy want to leave Man yooo

This has happend with a few players

Ronaldo

Beckham

Robinho

the meida certainly do treat "celebrities" like dirt...BUT with Mr Rooney, he can say nothing, no one who sold their wedding photos to a magazine for over 1 million pounds has any right to complain about any publicitiy they receive, good or bad, in the papers....if you live by the sword...

As for the other players you mentioned....

Ronaldo....wanted to play in Spain, it was his dream..nothing to do with the press..

Beckham....was booted out of Man Utd because he wasn't good enough, nothing to do with the press.

and Robinho....well...he was just poop and wanted away, again, nothing to do with the press.

No different to any of us, I'm sure we'd all demand an extra 100k a week if we could, world class footballers can and they will.

Exactly right Daveo...it's their JOB..nothing more...people who think it is anymore than that are completely deluded, and just like any of us in work, the day they stop paying us is the day we stop working, and if we can get double the money for working in the same job across the road, we will ALL take it.

every single one of them does....it is their only motivaion.

Rubbish, many do play for money, a large majority also play because they love it. THAT is the original reason they became footballers.

Every so often there is a story of a player whos left a club to play on less wages than he was on before.

Rubbish, many do play for money, a large majority also play because they love it. THAT is the original reason they became footballers.

Every so often there is a story of a player whos left a club to play on less wages than he was on before.

The only players whoever go somewhere for less money are those that have enough already and are coming to the end of their career.

Live in the real world....they just want the money..nothing else.

The only players whoever go somewhere for less money are those that have enough already and are coming to the end of their career.

Live in the real world....they just want the money..nothing else.

As players get older and better, they will obviously move on and get a higher contract.

That doesn't mean that every player moves to get more money. Alot do, but not all.

Wayne Rooney has revealed his reasons behind him wanting to leave Manchester United insisting it is not down to money but ambition.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed on Tuesday that Rooney wanted to leave the club, and admitted his disappointment and disbelief.

Ferguson insisted he did not know the reasons behind Rooney's decision to shun a new contract at Old Trafford and instead look for a move away.

But now Rooney - who has just 18-months left on his current deal, has released a statement outlining his decision to seek a move away from United.

Rooney has been quick to deny that any moves away from the club would be financially motivated, insisting that the club's lack of investment in their squad is the primary factor.

"I met with David Gill [united chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney confirms.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Rooney also admitted he was shocked by Ferguson's comments on Tuesday, adding: "I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

Huge debt

The England star insisted that he would always 'owe' something to Ferguson.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a

huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18," he said.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one off and a genius."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6456970,00.html

Wayne Rooney has revealed his reasons behind him wanting to leave Manchester United insisting it is not down to money but ambition.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed on Tuesday that Rooney wanted to leave the club, and admitted his disappointment and disbelief.

Ferguson insisted he did not know the reasons behind Rooney's decision to shun a new contract at Old Trafford and instead look for a move away.

But now Rooney - who has just 18-months left on his current deal, has released a statement outlining his decision to seek a move away from United.

Rooney has been quick to deny that any moves away from the club would be financially motivated, insisting that the club's lack of investment in their squad is the primary factor.

"I met with David Gill [united chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney confirms.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Rooney also admitted he was shocked by Ferguson's comments on Tuesday, adding: "I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

Huge debt

The England star insisted that he would always 'owe' something to Ferguson.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a

huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18," he said.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one off and a genius."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6456970,00.html

its all about me,me,me. try putting a shift in to help the team then you greedy git.

Ian Holloway's outburst on Wayne Rooney

I love the bloke, says it like it is.

He's right too, can't believe Wayne Rooney can get the jump on (whether you like him or hate him) one of the best managers in England over the last 30 years.

Says alot about the game today really.

I still don't see the problem to be honest. Look at that Wilson guy at Forest, doesn't want to sign a new contract either but his is up at the end of the season. Why are the Sky Sports cameras not chasing him around for wanting out at Forest?

Rooney has 18 months left at United, he hasn't handed in a transfer request as far as I'm aware, nor has he done a Fabregas and told anyone that will listen he wants to go and play for Barca.

All Rooney has said is he doesn't want to sign a new contract. It doesn't matter why he wants to leave, it could be to win trophies or it could be for an extra 100k a week that he know's United won't and can't pay him, if he want's to leave he want's to leave.

Where's the problem?

Rooney has shown no respect to the club about it.

He challenged Alex Ferguson when he said he wasn't injured (and he blatantly was), he has acted like a child. He made Ferguson go through with that press conference that made it look like Rooney had more influence than Ferguson.

He shouldn't be allowed to leave if he doesn't want to stay, he signed that deal, he can see it out. When a player can over-rule the manager, there is something very wrong in the game.

Rooney has shown no respect to the club about it.

He challenged Alex Ferguson when he said he wasn't injured (and he blatantly was), he has acted like a child. He made Ferguson go through with that press conference that made it look like Rooney had more influence than Ferguson.

He shouldn't be allowed to leave if he doesn't want to stay, he signed that deal, he can see it out. When a player can over-rule the manager, there is something very wrong in the game.

No no, apart from all that.:rolleyes:

Archived