Rooney to leave United

Wilko

Rooney has shown no respect to the club about it.

He challenged Alex Ferguson when he said he wasn't injured (and he blatantly was), he has acted like a child. He made Ferguson go through with that press conference that made it look like Rooney had more influence than Ferguson.

He shouldn't be allowed to leave if he doesn't want to stay, he signed that deal, he can see it out. When a player can over-rule the manager, there is something very wrong in the game.

I thought Gill and Ferguson decided on coming out with a statement? not read anything different to that.

Rooney also hasn't asked to leave now has he? all he has said is he won't sign a new contract, now the ball is in United's court.

Obviously it's not a great situation for United to be in and considering the value of the player they would do best to get rid now.

It's not Rooney's fault the rules of the game are flawed and I agree with Holloway, but this is down to Fifa to change the rules and allow clubs to be copensated no matter what the age of the player is.

I bet similar situations are happening at other clubs right now with players refusing to sign new contracts, the only reason this is massive news is because it's Rooney, Man United and Ferguson.

It's when Fergie goes and signs kids from smaller clubs for peanuts tho.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Gill and Ferguson decided on coming out with a statement? not read anything different to that.

Rooney also hasn't asked to leave now has he? all he has said is he won't sign a new contract, now the ball is in United's court.

Obviously it's not a great situation for United to be in and considering the value of the player they would do best to get rid now.

It's not Rooney's fault the rules of the game are flawed and I agree with Holloway, but this is down to Fifa to change the rules and allow clubs to be copensated no matter what the age of the player is.

I bet similar situations are happening at other clubs right now with players refusing to sign new contracts, the only reason this is massive news is because it's Rooney, Man United and Ferguson.

It's when Fergie goes and signs kids from smaller clubs for peanuts tho.

They had to come out with that though, it was forced upon them.

The ball is in Uniteds court, but Rooney could have kept this quiet and just spoken to Alex Ferguson one on one. Instead, he challenges his judgement, lies on camera and makes a huge situation out of it.

The rules of the game are indeed flawed, and people need to take a stand and speak up like Ian Holloway has done.

Football is very wrong when a player like Rooney can hold a club as big as United to ransom, to force their hand, as it were. Players should NEVER have more power than the manager.

I just think that just because this is Rooney he shouldn't get anymore stick than the next player that decides he doesn't want to sign a new contract, and players should have the right to say I want to leave once my contract is up.

The rules do need changing to give clubs better protection, will they tho? doubt it.

I just think that just because this is Rooney he shouldn't get anymore stick than the next player that decides he doesn't want to sign a new contract, and players should have the right to say I want to leave once my contract is up.

The rules do need changing to give clubs better protection, will they tho? doubt it.

I think he deserves the stick because of how the club has treated him, that being exceptionally well.

if the club had treated him badly, I could understand it. But they haven't, and it riles me to think that he can behave like this.

I wonder how you'd go about changing that rule?

I'm starting my own up fansdcfc.co.uk, with a match day chat box, an app for a blackberry, and then I'm moving to Australia.

So there!

Darnit, you've stolen my life plan :mad:

:D

(Well, it'd be New Zealand and the forum thing i'm thinking of forgetting, but still :mad: :D)

When was the last time I slagged Robbie Savage off? he's a tit in my honest opinion but that's my opinion and I keep that to myself now days, if I feel he needs any credit I will give it.

Rooney this time has done sod all wrong, not saying he is an angel by any means and what he has done in his private life makes him a complete tit but not on this occasion.

What winds me up about you Dangerous is that your a boring narrow as an arrow minded old fart, but naymind hey :p.

Wayne Rooney is an erudite intelligent and articulate young man....a popular and respected national icon. It is an absolute disgrace that he hasnt won BBC Sports Personality of the Year every year.

It is awful that he should be vilified for disloyalty, greed, banging slappers, playing *****.

People forget that he was only 18 when he was forced out of his beloved Everton by their disgusting failure to adequately reward his efforts. Then he was forced to expose the abuse of the FA who allowed referees to book him or send him off whilst at the same time profiting from his image rights and picking him for England. And now its happening to him again as United try to short change him with a mere £150k a week, and show him no respect at all.

It really makes my blood boil to see this injustice.

Leaaave himmmm alooonee.

Archived