Rooney to leave United

Wilko

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put yourself in Rooney's position.

Man Utd are in deep financial doo doo, when Liverpool were going through the courts it was widely reported that Man Utd are not that far from a similar situation.

They can't afford to compete with Chelsea, Man City, Barca and Real for best players.

Van Der Sar, Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand haven't got long left.

How many miles has Fergie got left on the clock, who will succeed him?

If Man City and Chelsea continue to make big money signings Man Utd could be fighting with Arsenal for 3rd place.

If you have any kind of ambition is Manchester United still the club to be at? I'd say no.

Put yourself in Rooney's position.

Man Utd are in deep financial doo doo, when Liverpool were going through the courts it was widely reported that Man Utd are not that far from a similar situation.

They can't afford to compete with Chelsea, Man City, Barca and Real for best players.

Van Der Sar, Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand haven't got long left.

How many miles has Fergie got left on the clock, who will succeed him?

If Man City and Chelsea continue to make big money signings Man Utd could be fighting with Arsenal for 3rd place.

If you have any kind of ambition is Manchester United still the club to be at? I'd say no.

im putting myself in the position of the manager and the fans.Their top player is about to walk out on them.If its about winning things he should be pulling his finger out and scoring goals,instead of sulking about.He hasnt put a shift in for them or England for a long time.

That's football, even with a fully fit Rooney they will not be able to compete with Chelsea and Man City in a season or two, it's a team game and United just don't have the best players anymore nor do they have the funds available to buy the players needed.

He's also had is it 3 or 4 injuries now since just before the World Cup, add to that is private issues it's hardly surprising his form as been off it. As long as he moves abroad and not to Man City or Chelsea I think he could actually be doing the right thing for his family and career.

As an England fan I hope he can secure a regular spot in the Real or Barca team, the added experience from playing with the world's best players would be a bonus for England.

The best move for England would be for Rooney to join Arsenal and play with Walcott and Wilshere and in that style of football.

However

1. Arsenal would never pay the transfer fee asked

2. Arsenal would not pay the necessary wages

Or GSE may come in with a late bid as Derby are still unbeaten at the end of December and GSE are investing for the promotion. We'd get him on loan for the second half of the season with an option to buy after we get promotion........oh sorry I seemed to have dropped asleep for a while :)

Cannot work out Rooney anymore.

He told Sir Alex in the summer that he wanted to leave. Presumably, this was around the time he was copping off with that hooker.

So he gets himself into a mess (make some puns out of that if you want) and his solution is to tell Fergie he wants to leave the club?

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a Fergie fan (furthest thing from it) but he's been treated like a mug by Rooney here.

Rooney has shown absolutely no class, and absolutely no committment or loyalty to the manager, club or fans that pay his wages.

If I were Fergie, I wouldn't play him again.

Fergie has been totally correct in the way he has dealt with this.Rooney is believing his own hype now and should be dropped because he is awful at the moment.I personally think he is and has been hugely over rated. Id play Owen.

blo0dy hell you've done it again

posted something i totally agree with

not sure about owen but he'd be welcome here?......

but oh the wages the wages

Let's not pretend that it's about anything other than money, whatever the stories are about him falling out with Fergie. Rooney's on 100k a week, he knows he can get at least double that at Man City so that's what his agent has told him to push for. Fergie said he'd spoken to Rooney personally and he re-iterated what the agent had already told him - double money or I'm off. Rooney's agent knows that City would love to pinch Rooney out from under Fergie and will pay whatever it takes just for the bragging rights, so they can put another "Welcome To Manchester" poster up with another ex-Manure player on it. So there's no brinkmanship for Rooney, he knows he can get another gig for more money elsewhere, he's told Manure what he wants knowing full well they won't/can't give it to him. In his mind he'll be leaving because Manure didn't want to keep him.

Some players carry respect and affection after they've finished their playing careers. I can't see Rooney being one of them. You can't buy class.

Go to Madrid Wayne, take all the stupid money they throw at you, win some trophies....and keep away from trouble...!

Coleen won't go abroad, her sister's ill, so poor Shrek's stuck with either Chelski or Man City-Bu Dhabi. He knows how much certain players are on at Eastlands so he's made a point of setting his wage demands on their level - it's a not-very-subtle "come and get me".... And all this from the "man" who told Fergie that he wanted to stay at "the best club in the world" for the rest of his career just a few months ago. Fergie has publicly said there's been no falling out between them, despite rumours to the contrary, so he's effectively challenging Rooney to give some plausible reason for saying one thing to Fergie's face and another behind his back. I'm not a Fergie fan, never have been, but I think he's playing this one pretty well at the moment.

Coleen won't go abroad, her sister's ill, so poor Shrek's stuck with either Chelski or Man City-Bu Dhabi. He knows how much certain players are on at Eastlands so he's made a point of setting his wage demands on their level - it's a not-very-subtle "come and get me".... And all this from the "man" who told Fergie that he wanted to stay at "the best club in the world" for the rest of his career just a few months ago. Fergie has publicly said there's been no falling out between them, despite rumours to the contrary, so he's effectively challenging Rooney to give some plausible reason for saying one thing to Fergie's face and another behind his back. I'm not a Fergie fan, never have been, but I think he's playing this one pretty well at the moment.

She will go wherever he goes, just like footballers, the footballers wife is only interested in 1 thing...money...

"so, why would you forgive the multi millionaire husband of yours after he was caught cheating?"

Archived