A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

24 minutes ago, admira said:

We were a joy to watch back then.

It was genuinely such a frustrating first half - we literally did everything but score - but the crowd were fully behind them and ultimately had a fantastic second half and got the win. That season was great minus the final. The feel good factor was insane.

1 hour ago, Ewethanised said:

It was genuinely such a frustrating first half - we literally did everything but score - but the crowd were fully behind them and ultimately had a fantastic second half and got the win. That season was great minus the final. The feel good factor was insane.

Even went 0-1 down

9 hours ago, admira said:

90. Year, opponents and memories. Another 5-1 home win. Goals not necessarily in the correct order.

image.png.0ff73de9224396ed1a2e4f655ee72d72.png

A Bit of a guess, but we belted Bolton near the end of Div 2 68/69, i didn't start keeping a diary until 70/71 so i don't have anything to rely on.

So i say March 1969 v Bolton at Home.

On the ledge at the back of the ossie end.

13 hours ago, I DONT MIND said:

A Bit of a guess, but we belted Bolton near the end of Div 2 68/69, i didn't start keeping a diary until 70/71 so i don't have anything to rely on.

So i say March 1969 v Bolton at Home.

On the ledge at the back of the ossie end.

Great memory. It was actually April 5th but you were close

15 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Was it home to Cambridge in the league cup , probably september

October 1989. For the away leg that was played first (we lost 0-1), I went with a Rams mate who was friends with John Taylor, then playing for Cambridge.

We got invited into the Rams players lounge post match and had autographs with Shilton, Wright etc. George Williams offered to buy us a drink and Trevor Hebbard's blood spilt from his nose injury onto my programme as he signed it!

1 minute ago, admira said:

94. Year, opponents and memories if anyone is very very old! .4-1. 

C5DB9B18-F8A5-4E87-9E81-F1183EED5C4C.jpeg

My grandfather was demobbed from the navy the week before. He had to decide whether to go to this match or go home and see his mum, who he hadn't seen for months. He chose his mum on the grounds that there would be other chances to see Derby in an FA Cup final.