Young Derby Players who didn't/haven't have the career we thought they may have done

sage

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Giles Barnes was the best player we've had from our academy.  In todays market of talent hoovering he'd have been sold for 20 million with add ons within 12 months.  Remember Roy Keane saying that the goal he scored against Sunderland could only be scored by those with exceptional ability.  I saw that one live and he was right.  He pretty much missed our entire premier league fiasco with injury, then got that bust knee preseason against Stokes big unfriendly giants.  He really should have stayed at Derby and rebuilt his career rather than going to Fulham after those 2 goals on his comeback against United in the League cup semi final but putting it nicely he had rather a large head that ultimately sent him down the MLS route rather than putting in the work he probably hadn't needed to before with his skill level. Nearly came back here under McClaren 1 if I recall. 

Derby were advised to persuade him to quit and they'd both get 4 or 5 million. Giles wanted to try to rescue his career. That was why he left. The club wasn't willing to take the chance on his knee.

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Bobby Duncan. Sounded like we’d signed somebody special………..

the word "special" has more than one meaning. 😉   I've always thought the lad may have had some mental health issues. Others have said he's arrogant, has his head up his arse.... whatever the reason, he looked like having a great career. That's gone up in smoke.