PNE Ratings

Duracell

This is a tradition we have from the DET forum, I don't think I've seen it on here yet...but anyway, here's my ratings, hope you all share yours too.

Fielding - 8. Bizarre player, but he got the job done, and did it well. Much much better than Bywater, who's woeful distribution is our weak link, and not a bad shot stopper either.

Brayford - 7. Solid performance, but Cywka stole his job in much of the second half oddly enough. Would have liked to have seen him get forward more.

Barker - 7. Got away with murder at points today when he should have played the ball much earlier, but made some vital last-ditch interceptions. Basically, typical Shaun Barker.

Leacock - 2. Should never have got his haircut :frown:

Moxey - 9. Of course he didn't mean to score, but a goal's a goal. Brilliant from start to finish, excellent effort.

Savage - 6. Not his best performance of the season, not by a long shot, but a decent penalty. Gave the ball away quite a bit though.

Bailey - 8. The techincal side of his game is also developing nicely, and once again his passing was sublime. For me, he's our most important player, he's pulling the strings by getting the ball to the front 4.

Cywka - 6. Quite first half, unispiring second, things didn't fall for him today, which is a shame considering he put in more than enough effort.

Bueno - 9. Poetry in motion! We just need to keep him fit, I'd love to see him play like he did first half for 90 minutes - but that may not be realistic.

Commons - 6. He was always an option when someone else was on the ball today, which was great to see - the trouble was, he wasn't much use when he received it. Really should have scored his 6th of the season.

Kuqi - 7. It wasn't the perfect game for him as PNE had players who could cope with the physicality of his game, but he still relentlesly chased the ball and would have done till his legs fell off.

A special mention to our subsitutes, especially Moore, for giving us significant extra legs in the final few minutes.

D'Urso - 2. I don't even pretend to understand how Andy D'Urso's mind works, but he really excelled himself today with a string of confusing decisions - the majority of which fell our way. The Preston fans were furious with him, and rightly so. And as for giving us a free-kick when Cywka simply slipped over...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielding - 7 - Impressed with the lad, decent saves and his kicking wasn't bad either

Brayford - 7 - Not as many runs forward but still linked well with the midfield

Barker - 8 - Much more assured at the back

Leacock - 7 - Drifted away towards the end but always solid

Moxey - 9 - Fantastic today, brilliant going forward, solid at the back, just awesome

Sav - 8 - Good from Sav today, some killer balls, deserved that last goal aswell.

Bailey - 8 - Much like Sav, some real potential with this lad

Cwyka - 6 - Not much he tried came off, but he kept going for 90 minutes

Bueno - 8 - Lively, excellent first touch, anticipation of a champ, just seemed to tire before he went off.

Commons - 8 - Much better and deserved a goal, actually got stuck in a fair bit aswell, just needs to stop giving it away so much

Kuqi - 7 - Did what he could, again looked a bit knackered.

Subs:

Moore - 6 - Lively, one excellent run through the middle for the penalty

Pringle - 5 - Did what he needed to do, kept us in possession

Anderson - 5 - Some good headers when he came on and won us the penalty

Fielding 7

Brayford 7

Moxey 8

Leacock 7

Barker 7

Bailey 8

Savage 7

Commons 7

Bueno 9

Cywka 6.5

Kuqi 7

I agree with most of the comments with Fielding but his not going to be a commanding goalkeeper because of his hight, he stayed on his line most of the time with corners, did make one decent punch, but the once in the 1st half and once in the 2nd where the corner came in he missed it at the back post

Fielding 10

Brayford 10

Moxey 10

Leacock 10

Barker 10

Bailey 10

Savage 10

Commons 10

Bueno 10

Cywka 10

Kuqi 10

Sounded good on the radio so I'll give em all a 10, was going to deduct them all half a point for giving me squeeky bumtime in the first 10mins of the second half, but I'll let em off as I'm in a good mood.

Fielding 10

Brayford 10

Moxey 10

Leacock 10

Barker 10

Bailey 10

Savage 10

Commons 10

Bueno 10

Cywka 10

Kuqi 10

Sounded good on the radio so I'll give em all a 10, was going to deduct them all half a point for giving me squeeky bumtime in the first 10mins of the second half, but I'll let em off as I'm in a good mood.

Daveo giving Savage 10.:eek:

Never thought I'd see that.:D

This is a tradition we have from the DET forum, I don't think I've seen it on here yet...but anyway, here's my ratings, hope you all share yours too.

Fielding - 8. Bizarre player, but he got the job done, and did it well. Much much better than Bywater, who's woeful distribution is our weak link, and not a bad shot stopper either.

Brayford - 7. Solid performance, but Cywka stole his job in much of the second half oddly enough. Would have liked to have seen him get forward more.

Barker - 7. Got away with murder at points today when he should have played the ball much earlier, but made some vital last-ditch interceptions. Basically, typical Shaun Barker.

Leacock - 2. Should never have got his haircut :frown:

Moxey - 9. Of course he didn't mean to score, but a goal's a goal. Brilliant from start to finish, excellent effort.

Savage - 6. Not his best performance of the season, not by a long shot, but a decent penalty. Gave the ball away quite a bit though.

Bailey - 8. The techincal side of his game is also developing nicely, and once again his passing was sublime. For me, he's our most important player, he's pulling the strings by getting the ball to the front 4.

Cywka - 6. Quite first half, unispiring second, things didn't fall for him today, which is a shame considering he put in more than enough effort.

Bueno - 9. Poetry in motion! We just need to keep him fit, I'd love to see him play like he did first half for 90 minutes - but that may not be realistic.

Commons - 6. He was always an option when someone else was on the ball today, which was great to see - the trouble was, he wasn't much use when he received it. Really should have scored his 6th of the season.

Kuqi - 7. It wasn't the perfect game for him as PNE had players who could cope with the physicality of his game, but he still relentlesly chased the ball and would have done till his legs fell off.

A special mention to our subsitutes, especially Moore, for giving us significant extra legs in the final few minutes.

D'Urso - 2. I don't even pretend to understand how Andy D'Urso's mind works, but he really excelled himself today with a string of confusing decisions - the majority of which fell our way. The Preston fans were furious with him, and rightly so. And as for giving us a free-kick when Cywka simply slipped over...

How is he bizarre? Thought he looked very solid.

As for Deano, come on, anything was better than the budding pineapple on top of his head. He looked leaner and meaner with the shaved head.

Overall everyone deserved praise today. Classic game of two halves with Derby passing Preston off the park in the first half and having to show their other side - dogged determination and fight - to keep a clean sheet in the second as Preston really upped their game.

Bueno was absolute class and his understanding with Commons, who again was terrific, is growing. The pair of them, with Bailey behind, pulled all the strings in the opening 45.

Second half the defenders deserve credit (and they had a good bit of luck which won't always be the case) for sticking in there.

who

Agreed, why he didn't give a yellow card to Leacock for the high challenge, but for once it went our way?

I thought the ref was right with the trip on Cywka. I watched the prestons players feet as Cywka started to run away from him and he had a swipe at the back of his heels. Like I used to in the playground at school and then laugh as the geek tried to keep his feet only to fall after 2 or 3 steps and smash his glasses on the concrete.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Fielding 7

Brayford 7

Moxey 8

Leacock 7

Barker 7

Bailey 8

Savage 7

Commons 7

Bueno 9

Cywka 6.5

Kuqi 7

I agree with most of the comments with Fielding but his not going to be a commanding goalkeeper because of his hight, he stayed on his line most of the time with corners, did make one decent punch, but the once in the 1st half and once in the 2nd where the corner came in he missed it at the back post

But Bywater isn't a commanding goalkeeper either - he doesn't talk to his defence.

ill do this properly tomorrow, but i disagree about bueno and commons today, i thought bueno gave the bal away alot more than commons, commons was sharpe and dangerous, and i thought had a near faultless performance except for that miss at the end

Well, Commons looked a bit slow on numerous occasions.

And Bueno giving the ball away?? Really? Where abouts do you sit?

Well, Commons looked a bit slow on numerous occasions.

And Bueno giving the ball away?? Really? Where abouts do you sit?

In the second half he was bad for it, though in the first half he had one of the best performances i've seen at Derby in a good few years.

But Bywater isn't a commanding goalkeeper either - he doesn't talk to his defence.

he is more likely to come off his line a claim a cross than fielding and I do think he talks to his defence

It's just think we got to be more on it when crosses come in cos I do see a weakness there.

he is more likely to come off his line a claim a cross than fielding and I do think he talks to his defence

It's just think we got to be more on it when crosses come in cos I do see a weakness there.

But we've also got to get a keeper than can kick a ball straight.

Being a good shot-stopper doesn't count for a lot in the modern game if you can't distribute the ball.

On the evidence of today, I prefer Fielding.

Archived