Will it come down to goal difference?

Carl Sagan

With two games to go, there are two playoff places with three teams going for them and it's incredibly tight:

image.thumb.png.773e6f3b5577cb7a7ca07d8be631a147.png

Will it come down to goal difference? Or even goals scored, where we've managed to bag more than Bolton, but Peterborough have managed far more than either of us?

If we look at the forum's favourite statistic, expected goals or xg, we apparently "should" be second top scorers in the division behind only Ipswich, but we are sadly the league's third worst finishers. Only Accrington Stanley and Oxford have poorer stats in terms of converting their chances: https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg. For that matter, we "should" also be far ahead with the second best goal difference in the league.

Is our inability to take our chances going to come back and haunt us, or will we still manage to get over the line? Will it come down to GD? If it does, what side of the line will we fall on?

51 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

With two games to go, there are two playoff places with three teams going for them and it's incredibly tight:

image.thumb.png.773e6f3b5577cb7a7ca07d8be631a147.png

Will it come down to goal difference? Or even goals scored, where we've managed to bag more than Bolton, but Peterborough have managed far more than either of us?

If we look at the forum's favourite statistic, expected goals or xg, we apparently "should" be second top scorers in the division behind only Ipswich, but we are sadly the league's third worst finishers. Only Accrington Stanley and Oxford have poorer stats in terms of converting their chances: https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg. For that matter, we "should" also be far ahead with the second best goal difference in the league.

Is our inability to take our chances going to come back and haunt us, or will we still manage to get over the line? Will it come down to GD? If it does, what side of the line will we fall on?

The answer is in the stars, Mr Sagan. 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

We are in a better position now that Bolton failed to beat Accrington last night. .

What I can say is me and B4 never lost faith. 

We should be quietly confident of the playoffs even if it’s goal difference that gets us there 

I wish you'd kept your thoughts to yourself until 5pm on Saturday but I hope you are right.

46 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We will be mate trust us

Just like I trusted us before we played Fleetwood at home?

I'll trust us when I know we are in the play-offs, not until.

Edited by Brailsford Ram