Reality Check

i-Ram

Let's get out of L1 first before thinking about whether we could be as successful in the SBC. One week into July we had 5 players. On zero outlay, LR put together a good squad which PW has got more organised and on a roll. IMO, this squad would likely end up between 12th and 16th in the SBC next season if we went up. PW would, most definitely, get some new blood in and we might lose a couple, especially of the older players. I don't see Curt or Stears in the squad next season. Didzy might manage half the games. Next season, as things stand, we still can't pay transfer/loan/agent's fees so it will be free loans, free transfers or free agents. Obviously the "aim" would be promotion but, realistically, midtable is as much as we could hope for.

Let's not try to run while we're still perfecting walking.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The regulator will have proper statutory force. Unlike EFL who make up their own rules that don’t even fit with the law of the land. And a regulator and or the Government can enforce a more even distribution of monies flowing from Tv companies. 

Perhaps, but I wouldn't bank on it. The top 6, rightly, are already giving more than they should as 80% of the money is being invested because of them yet they get no more in TV money than Brentford, Bournemouth or Forest. They would argue what the EFL get in TV money is roughly what the Premier League would get without them. 

Growing up in Derbyshire, it's a sad fact that if you combine the United, Liverpool and Arsenal 'fans' then it's roughly equates to the same amount of Derby fans I know. I don't even know a Leicester fan, despite the proximity. 

Consequently, they hold most of the cards, whether we like it or not.  

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Perhaps, but I wouldn't bank on it. The top 6, rightly, are already giving more than they should as 80% of the money is being invested because of them yet they get no more in TV money than Brentford, Bournemouth or Forest. They would argue what the EFL get in TV money is roughly what the Premier League would get without them. 

Growing up in Derbyshire, it's a sad fact that if you combine the United, Liverpool and Arsenal 'fans' then it's roughly equates to the same amount of Derby fans I know. I don't even know a Leicester fan, despite the proximity. 

It isn’t about the absolute amounts of money it’s about the relative amounts. And the top 6 maybe a big draw but are Bournemouth and Brighton? Why should they get so much more than teams  in the Efl? 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Man Utd are said to have 11 million fans in China alone. One thing they have done in the last 20 years is build up a powerful brand that people identify with. Almost in a NFL type way. Something Mel never worked on and relied on the captive audience in Derbyshire. There will be no changes till 24/25 season , by then we could be handing down the cash.?