Away Coach Travel

Hosm232

After some help if possible

We are Yorkshire based STH but my son is moving to Derby next week, is there any away travel coaches he can use ?

I will still be going away but will meet him at the ground, he is going to be living near the Uni at Darley Bank

many thanks

1 hour ago, Hosm232 said:

After some help if possible

We are Yorkshire based STH but my son is moving to Derby next week, is there any away travel coaches he can use ?

I will still be going away but will meet him at the ground, he is going to be living near the Uni at Darley Bank

many thanks

The Neptune?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Someone could make some money if they could arrange a few coaches surely?

It's a real problem to organise transport, particularly this season.  With people not knowing if they will get a ticket until pretty near the match date, it makes pre-booking coaches near impossible.  With the high cost of coach hire you need to get substantial numbers just to break even, trust me, there is no money to be made, although i think the football club would be best positioned to run transport without making a loss but their priority has to be revenue at the moment i guess.

Looking recently; nothing to do with footy.

Quotes are all over the place but assuming a reasonable quality coach and reliable firm for a 56 seater you are looking at £60/hour plus £3 per mile.

You do the maths! But an estimate for a London trip is about a grand, reasonable only if you fill it!

Would you risk organising it?

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Looking recently; nothing to do with footy.

Quotes are all over the place but assuming a reasonable quality coach and reliable firm for a 56 seater you are looking at £60/hour plus £3 per mile.

You do the maths! But an estimate for a London trip is about a grand, reasonable only if you fill it!

Would you risk organising it?

More than that 1300 as gone by a third mate and also counts in petrol money as well.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

More than that 1300 as gone by a third mate and also counts in petrol money as well.

Well I looked at quite a few companies. Some were a lot cheaper, some were a lot more expensive. This was only this week. My example was roughly in the middle. But no matter what numbers you pick its a big risk for the organiser!

Some truths in this thread, I’d not thought of the limited numbers.  But didn’t the club sell tickets for the game and roadrider at the same transaction?

So a little info on numbers would be available.  The main trouble with coach travel is no booze.  Unless it’s a pub on the spot.

Also, I’m assuming a few coach companies may be owed money from the Administration?  Just guessing. 

I can see the problems now.