Ryan Noble - Sunderland

vicky-27

We're not going to get all out targets, we've done pretty well thus far in the market. A loan is a loan, still room for permanent signings. Although not entirely sure who that might be.

If it is Waghorn, Leicester are likely to want a good chunk of their expenditure on said player back. That's to much for us, not a lot out there. Expensive business signing a striker.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're not going to get all out targets, we've done pretty well thus far in the market. A loan is a loan, still room for permanent signings. Although not entirely sure who that might be.

If it is Waghorn, Leicester are likely to want a good chunk of their expenditure on said player back. That's to much for us, not a lot out there. Expensive business signing a striker.

I was thinking that we're going to sign a striker for big money (otherwise season ticket money back :mad: (i jest of course)) well we bid 1.25million for Waghorn who seems our number one target but say for instance we don't get Waghorn and go for some big gonk instead we would then balance that out with a fox in the box type player, on the otherhand if we get Waghorn we're probably more likely to bring in a big lad to give us a different approach if we need it in a game.

that was my point, not saying we should only focus on one man at a time, I'm hopeful that Waggy will be brought in sooner rather than later. I don't really want to many 'key' players coming half way through pre-season training.

I was thinking that we're going to sign a striker for big money (otherwise season ticket money back :mad: (i jest of course)) well we bid 1.25million for Waghorn who seems our number one target but say for instance we don't get Waghorn and go for some big gonk instead we would then balance that out with a fox in the box type player, on the otherhand if we get Waghorn we're probably more likely to bring in a big lad to give us a different approach if we need it in a game.

that was my point, not saying we should only focus on one man at a time, I'm hopeful that Waggy will be brought in sooner rather than later. I don't really want to many 'key' players coming half way through pre-season training.

I think that Clough sees Davies as our big lad for something different, he was always banging on about his ability in the air last season.

I think that Clough sees Davies as our big lad for something different, he was always banging on about his ability in the air last season.

He did score a pretty impressive header, I'm not going to lie, I am a big fan of Steve Davies just like the way he goes about his game, his ability and the attitude he shows, if it wasn't for the constant injuries that just seem unfortunate as they all seem to be different from the last then I'm sure he'd be a key figure in our team.

I like the lad too, just not sure he's a striker. To be honest I am quite happy with the strikers we have at the minute but being as the fans have been promised a big signing up front there is going to have to be one! We already pose a much greater threat going forward than last season and with Shackell signing on I think we only need a LB and a CM to have the makings of a good side.

I think the main guys have gone elsewhere, or we've been priced out.

When does pre season start? Can't be long now (wahoo).

Steve Davies can play anywhere in those top 4 attacking players, can't he? Was chuffed to bits to see him hold up for the rest of the season, a real battler, genuinely wants to play. We lacked someone with that competitive mind set until he came back.

He'll be fitter next season, dare say he's already in training. Pretty big bloke.

I think the main guys have gone elsewhere, or we've been priced out.

When does pre season start? Can't be long now (wahoo).

Steve Davies can play anywhere in those top 4 attacking players, can't he? Was chuffed to bits to see him hold up for the rest of the season, a real battler, genuinely wants to play. We lacked someone with that competitive mind set until he came back.

He'll be fitter next season, dare say he's already in training. Pretty big bloke.

Agreed on Davies, had he been fit his whole career so far at PP, he would be playing at a bigger club. Has such great talent just not on the pitch enough to show it!

This is my opinion btw for people who want a link for the facts on him being a great talent. :D

Agreed on Davies, had he been fit his whole career so far at PP, he would be playing at a bigger club. Has such great talent just not on the pitch enough to show it!

This is my opinion btw for people who want a link for the facts on him being a great talent. :D

Most of the stuff on here is the posters opinion- apart from finances and transfers everything is pretty much subjective. Makes me laugh when people as for "source" when the point being made is a personal opinion!:rolleyes:

id take noble back on loan.. played against swansea and looked very impressive to me.. seemed to have bags of pace, looked strong on the ball and composed.. fair enough he only played 20 mins, but looked impressive in that time.. and his reserve stats arent bad!!

Most of the stuff on here is the posters opinion- apart from finances and transfers everything is pretty much subjective. Makes me laugh when people as for "source" when the point being made is a personal opinion!:rolleyes:

When you quote a newspaper you mostly get " I don't believe a thing in the papers, yet if you quote sports news on the TV that's deemed OK, but they are just journalists, the same as the papers :confused:

When you quote a newspaper you mostly get " I don't believe a thing in the papers, yet if you quote sports news on the TV that's deemed OK, but they are just journalists, the same as the papers :confused:

Often the same stories too! It is amazing how one bulls*it story can appear all over the place is re-hash form

I have heard of a lad called,erm, Colin Ball or something who has a good goalscoring record in the reserves. Unfortunately it seems his club keep signing an endless procession of strikers and his chances of first team football are looking ever slimmer...

I have heard of a lad called,erm, Colin Ball or something who has a good goalscoring record in the reserves. Unfortunately it seems his club keep signing an endless procession of strikers and his chances of first team football are looking ever slimmer...

Or even Callum Ball?

Archived