Dal

Donald

McKiernan

Chappell

Watt

Zaman

Scrimshaw

109212BA-FFF3-4581-A7B0-3B3F27F0E0B7.jpeg

Is Lamb injured? I thought part of the reason for the move was for him to play in all formats 🤔

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is Lamb injured? I thought part of the reason for the move was for him to play in all formats 🤔

He played in at least one of the seconds T20 games this week, but i’d guess the back is still an issue. You'd want him in the T20 team if fully fit.

Defeat with 4 balls to spare.

Played quite well, key area of the game where it was lost, last 2 overs of our innings we should have got at least 10 more runs, which would have made it a bit more interesting, and our bowlers got hammered in the powerplay.

Edited by jimbo jones

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Defeat with 4 balls to spare.

Played quite well, key area of the game where it was lost, last 2 overs of our innings we should have got at least 10 more runs, which would have made it a bit more interesting, and our bowlers got hammered in the powerplay.

The key moment was the Ali LBW decision…if he was in for the power play it might have been a different game 🤔

25th June 2015

The date we last beat Notts in a T20.

Chesney Hughes led the way with 52 off 29 balls as we scored 201/7, then bowled them out for 167.

Wayne Madsen is the only survivor from that team since Alex Hughes’ retirement. Hamish Rutherford and Wes Durston the other notable players from that team, and Wayne White, noticeable to me because I went to school with him 😂

well overdue a win 😬

Edited by jimbo jones

26 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

25th June 2015

The date we last beat Notts in a T20.

Chesney Hughes led the way with 52 off 29 balls as we scored 201/7, then bowled them out for 167.

Wayne Madsen is the only survivor from that team since Alex Hughes’ retirement. Hamish Rutherford and Wes Durston the other notable players from that team, and Wayne White, noticeable to me because I went to school with him 😂

well overdue a win 😬

Tough game. Need to get rid of Hales and Patel sharpish. Not sure if Broad will play 🤔

31 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Scrimshaw & Watt very  poor tonight . Derbyshire mini batting collapse will cost us. 

3 wickets at the end for Scrimshaw, his success last year came bowling the middle overs and at the end, not sure why he’s bowling in the power play this year. Bowling Watt in the power play should probably be binned as well.

Having said that, you have to score over 200 at Trent Bridge, and theres to much reliance on the top 4, and we have seen anything from Haider yet. Dal batting at 5 isn’t a good sign, he shouldn’t be that high. I’d like to see Came in the team to strengthen the batting, he scored plenty of runs in the warm up games  and Dal isn’t bowling, so as a pure batsman you have to go with Came.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

3 wickets at the end for Scrimshaw, his success last year came bowling the middle overs and at the end, not sure why he’s bowling in the power play this year. Bowling Watt in the power play should probably be binned as well.

Having said that, you have to score over 200 at Trent Bridge, and theres to much reliance on the top 4, and we have seen anything from Haider yet. Dal batting at 5 isn’t a good sign, he shouldn’t be that high. I’d like to see Came in the team to strengthen the batting, he scored plenty of runs in the warm up games  and Dal isn’t bowling, so as a pure batsman you have to go with Came.

Disappointing but not surprising. We needed to be on top of our game, not just 2 or 3 players. I would give Came and Wood a chance.

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Disappointing but not surprising. We needed to be on top of our game, not just 2 or 3 players. I would give Came and Wood a chance.

Yeah we need more oomph in that batting line up, of course, seeing some of those Haider Ali fireworks we’ve heard about would be nice.

Northants at home on Monday, who have also lost both games, getting hammered by Worcestershire and Durham.

11 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah we need more oomph in that batting line up, of course, seeing some of those Haider Ali fireworks we’ve heard about would be nice.

Northants at home on Monday, who have also lost both games, getting hammered by Worcestershire and Durham.

So I guess its DCCC to their rescue? 😳