The Spiritual home of Derby County FC

loweman2

2 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

As I said before, maybe it's a rose-tinted age thing - I remember cheering a lot at the BBG watching other teams flail about in the stair rod rain. At PP I have spent/spend a lot of time arms crossed, tutting, and wondering what the hell is going on.

That says more about you than it does about Pride Park! 

I think the place can be rocking when there's a full crowd getting behind the team.

I do sometimes wonder whether this hangover generation of supporters comparing every team to the 70s glory years holds us back as a club? 

(Posted as one of them.)

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think the place can be rocking when there's a full crowd getting behind the team.

I do sometimes wonder whether this hangover generation of supporters comparing every team to the 70s glory years holds us back as a club? 

(Posted as one of them.)

Late 1980s glory years thanks.

Next time I go I shall take a tambourine and try harder ?

Thanks to the OP for the thread, however I'm unable to see the photographs. Nothing technical, it's just that I've avoided that area of Derby since the 11th May 1997. I keep my memories of the old place and don't want them damaged by seeing what has become of the BBG and surrounding area. I occassionally drive along Dairyhouse Road or Portland Street, but keep my eyes focused ahead rather than glance along the old roads in the hope of seeing the floodlights again.....

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

(Posted as one of them.)

Not sure it was just the 70s, we had great phoenix team builds in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s, so anybody under thirty isnt really going to have any attachment to the BBG as they were to young where as any body from 30 upwards will have an attachment as at some point in their youth we will have had a great spell, whether it was Clough and Taylor, Arthur Cox or Jim Smith at the helm, when we went to PP BA had built a very strong team under the coaching of SM may be its just coincidence that we havent managed to build a team this century capable of replicating the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s, were twenty years in now, nothing to do with supporters who witnessed those eras holding the club back, its the club that is holding the club back, catologue of errors from top to bottom, many good intentions along the way and a lot of money utilised that we the fans will continue to bear the brunt of long after those erros have been laid to rest, our time will come again but the next three years are crucial to Derby County !