Derby County v Cardiff City

Day

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wasn't rubbish today, I've seen worse. Should have told him to stay away then.

Young Ram, you haven't seen any pre season matches have you? This is the game plan, i assure you.

Time a run? if you see a chance to make a break, you make a break.

Commons gave away the ball for the 1st goal, and it was finished expertly by a very good striker.

Second goal was a mix up between the keeper and defender. Really bad luck.

We never looked in danger with our defenders being up field.

I won't be demanding they have ropes tied to the goal posts to stop them running up field.

well i respectfully disagree, defensivley like at leeds we have a way to go i believe brayford was good but roberts wasn't, savage was very lacklustre, slows us down and gives the ball away, roberts at times went too far thus leacock had to cover and that made a massive gap which chopra took advantage of, yes commons shouldn't ahve gave the ball away at all and was primarily at fault however we did look a little shaky

We looked very vulnerable at Leeds but they were a very poor side. So we were lucky.

Our defence is still disorganised. But as long as we're playing more positive tactics then attack will be the best form of defence. But the inconsistency of Commons and Green was an issue again today. Though Cywka looked positive.

Savage sits too deep. Bailey is inexperienced but has potential. As Cucumber said, Addison would be a great presence in the defensive midfield department.

I think the fitness and the injuries (hopefully lack of them) will define this season again.

If Commons and Hulse are injured a lot we are in trouble. I don't understand Commons. He looks very uninterested in a lot of games but in big games like Leeds this year and Forest last year he plays like a world beater. It could be a bad attitude.

svage was awful and roberts was shocking as well at lb in my opinon so then leacock had to cover lb which left a massive gap, commons didn't do much, cewyka played well and so did varney, brayford looked confident and assured so did green as well. was too slow moving the ball at times so may need to work on that a little also leacock moved too much out of defense with no-one covering at times. Not too bad but people are voting with their feet, as shown today, paying premiership prices for often lacklustre football will take it's toll on attendences.

I thought it was the other way round, roberts was trying to cover Leacock, as you said above "Leacock moved to much out of defence" but there was cover, pulling roberts central. Roberts hardly moved forward the whole game.

We do seem to be creating more chances than last season, but still not enough on target, especially their goalie was having a poor game, we just didn't test him enough.

Are people voting with there feet? I am not sure about that yet, a few facts:

A. There was 600 cardiff fans

B. Yesterday's attendance is the second highest in Championship, which may suggest it's down everywhere.

C. It's August, people are on holiday.

D. Schools have broke up for summer, so schools haven't been given out free tickets.

People are voting with their feet,yesterday was evidence of it.

My thoughts on yesterday are;

Commons was lazy,savage was poor,Bywater still doesnt give any confidence,leacock is not good enough.Cyvka(dont know how to spell it) was very good,as was Varney.

If anybody believes Hulse has a groin injury they are naive.He is going,and the sooner the better.

All in all,it was the same old Derby under Clough.

Last season start to the season attendances

H Peterborough 33,010

H Plymouth 26,186

H Sheff Utd 28,441

H Barnsley 27,609

Peterborough would have brought down a decent amount of fans for the first league game of the season, after that we went back to our averages of 26-28k. Had we of played maybe Leeds at home you would of seen a 30k+ crowd, we didn't and had we drawn and Cardiff brought another 1-2k fans, I doubt the attendance would of even been talked about.

With regards to the defence they will make mistakes, we're not Man Utd, Chelsea etc. we're a mid-table Championship team and mistakes will be made every week.

A 2-1 defeat against a play off contender when on another day we could of grabbed a point is fine by me, we're going to lose games and when we do lose I hope we lose like we did yesterday and not some of the shocking performances we endured last season.

Bring on Coventry.

cardiff were fitter,stronger and better than us,though I doubt they will be promotion contenders.I thought we were poor yesterday and making excuses re the attendance is bloody stupid.The fans arent going to come and watch the same crap as last season,and who can blame them?

How is Cardiff bringing just 600 fans an excuse? look at the attendences from the start of last season, another 1-2k from Cardiff and we would be on par with last season.

I bet we have a bigger crowd for the QPR game even if we lose to Coventry the week before.

I must admit, I thought there could be a full house. But i forgot they had turfed all the season tickets out of the south stand to give to the away lot.

Big mistake, but as you say, we wouldn't have filled it, as there were gaps everywhere.

Did there look to be any gaps in the east stand?

Archived