Derby County v Cardiff City

Day

Buggah.

Did enough for a point today, had the chances for a point today but hey ho we move onto the next game.

Positives are Varney sounded like he had a decent game, it would be crazy to let him go out on loan at the moment.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always get **** refs ! ggrrrr made some stupid decisions but i guess that's nothing new !

Well i really thought last 10 mins we were going to get a goal back - we deserved a point from that, Varney did ok for saying he's not played for so long, Brayford was good again, everyone was slating Pringle when he first came on then prasing him at the end for his great corners - you can never please a Derby fan - was funny listening to everyone moaning on the way home 'we are doomed' were most of the comments. just over 25,000 which isn't bad seeing as Cardiff only had 600 fans.

i know exactly what you mean Vicky,

a draw would of been a fair result and Cardiff are a good team who for the majority of them have been playing together far longer than half out team.

thought Commons didnt really get into the game a few sparks here and there but thats all. impressed with Bailey (god he could stand there all game and do bugger all and he would still look sh it hot) and Brayford they dont look out of place at all.

we need a decent striker though, all fairness to Varney he didn't have a bad game but he cant play up front on his own.

green and common seemed to both be playing in the centre and there was never anyone infront of Brayford on the wing.

dont any slit the wrist yet (YR put your razors away) there's more quality in the team than last year

Savage was shocking at times, he needs to focus on the job he's paid for I think. All this book signing and radio stuff seems to be effecting his concentration.

We deserved a draw, unlucky really. Good bits and bad bits.

I'm not calling the subs, but it does show you the depth of our squad when they come on. If they had snatched a point, then it would have done wonders for there confidence.

Naymind, roll on the next game. Varney did well.

Savage was shocking at times, he needs to focus on the job he's paid for I think. All this book signing and radio stuff seems to be effecting his concentration.

We deserved a draw, unlucky really. Good bits and bad bits.

I'm not calling the subs, but it does show you the depth of our squad when they come on. If they had snatched a point, then it would have done wonders for there confidence.

Naymind, roll on the next game. Varney did well.

svage was awful and roberts was shocking as well at lb in my opinon so then leacock had to cover lb which left a massive gap, commons didn't do much, cewyka played well and so did varney, brayford looked confident and assured so did green as well. was too slow moving the ball at times so may need to work on that a little also leacock moved too much out of defense with no-one covering at times. Not too bad but people are voting with their feet, as shown today, paying premiership prices for often lacklustre football will take it's toll on attendences.

The right and left backs are asked to get forward, that's part of the game plan. Savage drops back and covers if you notice.

With the opposing team trying to cut out and mark out our fluid midfield, the wide defenders bombing forward can catch a team on the break.

it's still early yet, we could have got a draw and everything would be rosey. We held our own against a very good championship team.

3 points is about expected from us after 2 games. Maybe in the wrong order.

I'm a lot happier with our defence this season than last. Connerley and McEverly? How we forget.

Brayford is a good player, who will go on to bigger thing I think.

yes but when you have savage covering it doesn't work boycie, also it's about the timing of the run more than anything, a sense when to run and when not too, roberts was too far up too much, he and sav had a shocker, brayford played well and am glad we signed him.

yeah costs a bomb YR but we love em so will pay it :rolleyes:

good on you :D a man in the fish and chip shop said not knowing i was a season ticket holder, i don't know how people can watch that rubbish week in week out. I always have and will always go, saturday is football for me.

Archived