When to open a tricky looking letter

Ken Tram

If you received a tricky looking letter today ... now that we are in to the evening ... would you normally open it right away, or leave it until the morning?!

I am leaning towards opening it now! But, I tried Googling it, and, the general advice was that people tend to read more effectively in the morning, and write more effective replies too! 

But, if I do open the letter this evening, I might end up working on the letter instead of doing the other things that I should be doing this evening, not least, getting ready for a good night's sleep!

PS. I could have read the letter in the time that it has taken me to post this!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

If you received a tricky looking letter today ... now that we are in to the evening ... would you normally open it right away, or leave it until the morning?!

I am leaning towards opening it now! But, I tried Googling it, and, the general advice was that people tend to read more effectively in the morning, and write more effective replies too! 

But, if I do open the letter this evening, I might end up working on the letter instead of doing the other things that I should be doing this evening, not least, getting ready for a good night's sleep!

PS. I could have read the letter in the time that it has taken me to post this!

My rule of thumb is, if it’s in a brown envelope chances are they’re after something so play safe and bin it. White envelope open every time.

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

On the loo. If you don't like the contents then you always use it to wipe your harris.

Another advantage of opening white envelopes ... brown envelopes could mean not seeing something that I would want to put my finger into, while on the loo!

Archived