Probate

1of4

As any body gone through the process of probate in Scotland? 

I've  previously done the paperwork required for probate after a death in England, which was very straightforward so saving a few quid by not having to use a solicitor.

Been on the gov.uk website so I know the laws in Scotland differ to those of England. So was wondering if anyone had completed the process them themselves in Scotland and how easy was it or is it best to just bite the bullet and pay a solicitor.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 1of4 said:

As any body gone through the process of probate in Scotland? 

I've  previously done the paperwork required for probate after a death in England, which was very straightforward so saving a few quid by not having to use a solicitor.

Been on the gov.uk website so I know the laws in Scotland differ to those of England. So was wondering if anyone had completed the process them themselves in Scotland and how easy was it or is it best to just bite the bullet and pay a solicitor.

Looks like nobody loves you.. Like you I have done probate in the England, simple enough. Just had a quick google and there are fixed price options of about £300 that might be easier if affordable. Good luck.

52 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Looks like nobody loves you.. Like you I have done probate in the England, simple enough. Just had a quick google and there are fixed price options of about £300 that might be easier if affordable. Good luck.

Nowt to do with love. We all love 1of4 really. It’s a case of lack of knowledge.

50 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Just like Millwall fans I don't care. Already looked on google but thanks for making the effort. 

Archived