Derby were better team tonight

B4ev6is

On 22/02/2020 at 13:14, Ellafella said:

I think you’re a very passionate supporter @B4ev6is and Ramage is also a passionate chap so I can understand you missing Ramage’s passion. Eric Steele is probably more pragmatic and controlled so less passionate on the surface. . . Just reminds me of Graham Richards that in him we had both passion and erudition a plenty. . . 

My favourite radio commentator of all time bar none 

can u imagine the audience figures if RD rolled GR for one last hurrah 

pride park would be empty lol 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, angieram said:

They said £27 million for Mitrovic on Sky Sports. 

Could you imagine the boos a Derby player would get first time he missed a chance if we'd paid that for him? 

Yes. You are probably correct 

On 30 July, Mitrović signed for Fulham permanently for an initial fee of £22 million, potentially rising to £27 million

I have followed his career since he was at anderlecht. £15m was the fee for the move to Newcastle. 

7 hours ago, angieram said:

They said £27 million for Mitrovic on Sky Sports. 

Could you imagine the boos a Derby player would get first time he missed a chance if we'd paid that for him? 

Not sure about booing, but his goal return has been decent since Fulham bought him.  Most fans gripe when we pay big money and don't see any value in terms of performances. 

I was rather making the point that he was way out of our league financially.  I think another poster added the size of his wages, too - at least double what we are rumoured to be paying anyone. 

Of course, Fulham's trip to the Premier League and parachute payments allow them to spend at that level. He was only on loan, I think, until they got promoted - @RamNut will know. 

We paid less than a third of that for Vydra, a quarter for Lawrence. Can't say a sizeable portion of our fans have been overly happy with either. 

Which is why getting the right team blend using  a sizeable number of home grown players or 'bargains' that we can improve through coaching has to be the way in future for us. We have been stuck in the Championship too long now to be able to buy our way out of it.

Cocu seems to be having some success with the players he has inherited; I am interested to see what he does with those he brings in himself - assuming we have any wriggle room to do so when the ELF (sic!) have done with us.

Archived