Straya Day

Stagtime

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Didn't know there was an Australia day but I hope all the Australians have a great day today, especially with all the crap with the fire, personally know a couple of people who have moved over there and it hasn't sounded pretty. Enjoy ?

26 January marks the arrival of the first fleet to Port Jackson and the raising of the flag of Great Britain on this land. Needless to say it is also a divisive date with the indigenous community. Being a first generation Aussie I respect the feelings of the indigenous population about the date and think about the day as a celebration of all the different cultures that make up this great land.

4 hours ago, Stagtime said:

26 January marks the arrival of the first fleet to Port Jackson and the raising of the flag of Great Britain on this land. Needless to say it is also a divisive date with the indigenous community. Being a first generation Aussie I respect the feelings of the indigenous population about the date and think about the day as a celebration of all the different cultures that make up this great land.

Spot on mate. Have a belter of a day ?

Archived