Who are the Real Fans

TramRam

9 hours ago, Srg said:

Add to that the cost of tickets. Mel has said numerous times in the past that Premier League teams could essentially afford to give away tickets as the gate receipts matter so very little compared to the money from everywhere else - hence he's ran the free season ticket offer a few times. The irony of that, of course, is our tickets are extortionate in the second tier, as are many others.

Cost me £39 for my ticket v Stoke next week.  I hope my Swansea ticket is cheaper (at least I won't have petrol or hotel to pay) ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/01/2020 at 14:59, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

Watching Man Utd Vs Burnley last night and noticed something I don't recall seeing for god knows how many years, United fans leaving their ground in their 1000s 10mins before the final whistle, Having dominated English football in the 90s and 00s they have lapsed into also rans, Uniteds support last night confirmed what non unted fans have often thought just a bunch of trophy hunting supporters, 73,198 were there in a capacity of 74,879.

Supporting Macclesfield, Morecambe and Stevenage now that takes courage.

You mean to say the ground was only 98% full for the visit of the mighty Burnley? Shocking.

On 23/01/2020 at 19:49, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Met him at the Irish centre years ago.  He was playing in a group there. Very friendly bloke. Apparantly, he was in a band with Johnny Marr pre- Smiths.  Anyone remember him doing the half time draw with Tracy Shaw against Wolves in 95/96. A wonderfully exciting 0-0.

Yes l bamfording well do. Haha good call ?

On 24/01/2020 at 09:27, Srg said:

Add to that the cost of tickets. Mel has said numerous times in the past that Premier League teams could essentially afford to give away tickets as the gate receipts matter so very little compared to the money from everywhere else - hence he's ran the free season ticket offer a few times. The irony of that, of course, is our tickets are extortionate in the second tier, as are many others.

I can afford to watch 3 games at Exeter on the standing terrace for the price of 1 Derby ticket, its crazy to think if we get a points deduction its conceivable we could be playing them next season ???

Archived