Paul Green - Transfer Rumours

vicky-27

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm sorry but 2.5 million wouldn't be enough for bueno, they won't accept anything less than 3-4 million for him. personally as well bueno is good at home but he isn't an away player

bloody hell i agree with you :) hasnt done anythin for a while now

i wouldnt be too quick to sell

we could lose commons, savage and bueno by the end of the season

plus green ?

plus people not rating pearson and starting to turn on young cywka?

i'd keep him at the mo to take bueno's place next year.

bloody hell i agree with you :) hasnt done anythin for a while now

He is a quality player but on the other hand, if we was going to spend 4million on one player I'd want an attacking midfielder with all the bells and whistles (including consistency, with fight and hunger)

I watched Marek Hamsik on ladbrokes tv for napoli (his worth 15+million) however that is the sort of player I would want just on a much lesser scale, quality player on the ball with the style but packs a punch also, very strong player.

I'd happily ring a taxi for Green and Leacock if it meant Bueno was ours and Commons contract was extended.

Green is a key player though, and as I said before it would be nice if we could negotiate some add ons for every time he plays for Ireland. Could pay Commons new big wages. :D

I don't think it would be worth signing Bueno.

For the sort of money we'd have to fork out, we could get a proper Championship player who'll consistently peform.

Bueno is almost half a player, because he just can't seem to do it away from home.

I thought Bueno had a rubbish game today. A prem defence will totally cancel him out, Unless he gets more protection from a ref that is.

If he played for a top 4 prem team he'd get protection, but if he played for us in the prem, or a wigan etc, he'd get kicked to buggery.

I can't help but agree Duracell. Bueno at home is very good most of the time, however for the money we would have to fork out it wouldn't be worth it compared to Green.

But I thought you said that without Bueno and Commons we were "nothing"? Now Green is more important?

You are hilarious.

I think the general consensus with this is thanks for the hard work and effort and you've been a good player for the club but for 1.5million, it'll be easy to find someone better!

spot on, so I shan't waste my time re-typing it! Green had a good first season, last season's was interrupted by injury and this season I think he's been a victim of the system - not suited to either holding role (hasn't got positional sense or range of passing) or attacking midfield role (and certainly not right back!). Thought he was better in a flat midfield four when he could break up play and also make those late runs into the box.

But I thought you said that without Bueno and Commons we were "nothing"? Now Green is more important?

You are hilarious.

Without Bueno AND Commons our team would lack any creative sense whatsoever. However Bueno isn't brilliant away from home. I think at the moment Commons is the most important player in the team, but we shouldn't sell Green because he is a) one of the most consistent performers home and away and b) with the money we would receive we wouldn't be able to buy Bueno

spot on, so I shan't waste my time re-typing it! Green had a good first season, last season's was interrupted by injury and this season I think he's been a victim of the system - not suited to either holding role (hasn't got positional sense or range of passing) or attacking midfield role (and certainly not right back!). Thought he was better in a flat midfield four when he could break up play and also make those late runs into the box.

Agreed. Green is a box to box player.... He always work hard... not a easy player to replace... unless we start growing moneytrees :cool:

But Clough says he has heard nothing from no club about any interest in any player...we will wait and see, but I hope this one and Leacocks rumours are true.

Didn't Green have the most assists before we had to start moving him about to cover for injuries elsewhere and the ineptitude of Leacock. I would not be concerned if we sold Leacock, maybe throw in Bywater as a BOGOF deal.

Green has a lousy first touch but his work rate and the way he makes himself available make him valuable to the team.

Archived