NOW TV (Sky Sports) Passes and Vouchers

Mucker1884

Recently bought a Day pass (through NOW TV account - £8.99/now gone up to £9.99), then saw mention of a voucher on here (£3.99 for a week pass) so I ended up with both.  I couldn't initially store/activate the (on-line) voucher, as my official (day) pass was already waiting to be activated.  I have since used the (day) pass, and now have the week voucher code loaded in and ready to activate.  That will get activated this lunchtime, so all good there.

My question is... relating to these "cheap voucher codes"... (as I'm sure I read somewhere, but can't find anything in the T&C's)... am I limited to how many vouchers I can use in any set period?  Can I just keep buying and using these cheaper vouchers, on an almost continuous loop?  I'm looking at using my current week voucher, as from today, then going for a month one.  (Official month pass is currently on offer at NOW TV for £20 (usually £33.99), so I'll probably do that, but then revert to on-line vouchers... assuming I can find cheap offers). 

Basically, I'm trying to avoid paying for a voucher code, only to find I can't then activate it because the computer says I've already reached a limit of vouchers!

Does anyone on here know anything that might point me in the right direction?  Cheers! 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Recently bought a Day pass (through NOW TV account - £8.99/now gone up to £9.99), then saw mention of a voucher on here (£3.99 for a week pass) so I ended up with both.  I couldn't initially store/activate the (on-line) voucher, as my official (day) pass was already waiting to be activated.  I have since used the (day) pass, and now have the week voucher code loaded in and ready to activate.  That will get activated this lunchtime, so all good there.

My question is... relating to these "cheap voucher codes"... (as I'm sure I read somewhere, but can't find anything in the T&C's)... am I limited to how many vouchers I can use in any set period?  Can I just keep buying and using these cheaper vouchers, on an almost continuous loop?  I'm looking at using my current week voucher, as from today, then going for a month one.  (Official month pass is currently on offer at NOW TV for £20 (usually £33.99), so I'll probably do that, but then revert to on-line vouchers... assuming I can find cheap offers). 

Basically, I'm trying to avoid paying for a voucher code, only to find I can't then activate it because the computer says I've already reached a limit of vouchers!

Does anyone on here know anything that might point me in the right direction?  Cheers! 

Regarding buying the cheap ones, those that are £2-4 for a week, i suspect that to sell them at this price someone has either got a job lot of freebies or has cracked the code for them.

On their sites they do state that using these types of voucher may only be valid for one use per account, i have bought a few now though and had no issues at all.

I think if you did have an issue then swapping the card you have registered on the account would work. I only register one now and then so i think if you did them regularly then you may have an issue,

20 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Regarding buying the cheap ones, those that are £2-4 for a week, i suspect that to sell them at this price someone has either got a job lot of freebies or has cracked the code for them.

On their sites they do state that using these types of voucher may only be valid for one use per account, i have bought a few now though and had no issues at all.

I think if you did have an issue then swapping the card you have registered on the account would work. I only register one now and then so i think if you did them regularly then you may have an issue,

Thanks for that, @Paul71.  Much appreciated. 
That must have been where I'd previously read about potential limitations (on the voucher selling site).

The plan is to have access to Sky Sports "continuously", but nobody knows at this stage for how long a period.  Son has returned home and we need him to be chilled and relaxed as he's battling his demons again ("Battle related PTSD" from his stints in Afghan).  It also means there'll be one less seat available at DCFC home games for the foreseeable, as he'll be joining me whilst he's back in Derby, so there's always a bright side!

I've activated the one week voucher I had on standby (yesterday), so I'll look at getting a month voucher (Or take up the current NOW TV 1 month offer) from next weekend.  

Thanks again, bud.  I'll keep using the vouchers, and report back if any get a knock back.  ??

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Thanks for that, @Paul71.  Much appreciated. 
That must have been where I'd previously read about potential limitations (on the voucher selling site).

The plan is to have access to Sky Sports "continuously", but nobody knows at this stage for how long a period.  Son has returned home and we need him to be chilled and relaxed as he's battling his demons again ("Battle related PTSD" from his stints in Afghan).  It also means there'll be one less seat available at DCFC home games for the foreseeable, as he'll be joining me whilst he's back in Derby, so there's always a bright side!

I've activated the one week voucher I had on standby (yesterday), so I'll look at getting a month voucher (Or take up the current NOW TV 1 month offer) from next weekend.  

Thanks again, bud.  I'll keep using the vouchers, and report back if any get a knock back.  ??

There are always deals about, there was one for 9.99 for a month last month.

Sometimes on ebay there are deals which might be a now tv stick and 3 months sports for a decent amount. Sure you know but you can watch on 2 devices at the same time.

Some good deals on movies on ebay £5-6 a month to help keep him chilled ! ....Not sure watching Derby after yesterday will keep anyone chilled mind ?

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

...Not sure watching Derby after yesterday will keep anyone chilled mind ?

That has crossed my mind, yes!  ?

On the bright side, when all this first came to light, back in Dec. '16, I dragged him out of hospital for the Rams v Fo*est game... with similar fears for his mental stability!... but all went well, with a 3-0 win.  Without doubt the biggest relief I've ever had from a footy result!  LOL!

Here's hoping for a sudden upturn in our performances/results!  

*Probably not as big a relief as what @DarkFruitsRam7 had at Hillsborough, but a relief nonetheless!

• 3 weeks later...

21 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

That link didn't work for me but this one did. 40 quid for all the football on over Xmas is great, plus cricket too.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nowtv.com/promo/sky-sports&ved=2ahUKEwik57XDz9rlAhUxolwKHR84BIAQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1UwXW-NgKWvcgDIU9B0sT1

Yeah not sure why, i think it might be because i was logged in when i clicked the link so it took me into my account....

i think its a good deal £5 a week.

On 19/10/2019 at 10:30, Mucker1884 said:

I know the deal you're talking about. I bought it too.  When you purchased that specific deal it said the deal was limited to one purchase per account/email address.  So if you purchased that deal again, then *presumably* it wouldn't work unless you created a new NowTV account with a new email address.

Oh that's great.  Cheers @Paul71 & @ariotofmyown.

Currently on a month pass (from a £20 offer) and I was under the impression you couldn't purchase another until that runs out, but it seems this new 2 month offer would automatically continue after my current one (which runs to 26th Nov then was to continue at £33.99 per month... which I was going to cancel/look for a new deal).

This new 2 month offer appears to be linked to my account (date-wise) as it would kick in from the 26th, even if purchased today, so it seems I won't have to cancel the current "agreement".

Looks good to me, so thanks for the heads up, guys.  ?

I suspect come late Jan, laddo will be back down south, so I'll no doubt revert to weekly or daily vouchers for Rams away games, as I don't tend to watch other games/teams when he's not around.

Thanks again.  ?

……………………………………………………………….
image.png.71026840a221a1ea466a853805caa241.png 
May the fallen rest in peace. 
May those that return, have the fortune to live in peace.

52 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah not sure why, i think it might be because i was logged in when i clicked the link so it took me into my account....

i think its a good deal £5 a week.

Yes 4 Rams games on TV in that period too. £10 each is what you would pay for a day pass, so bit of a no-brainer.

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I know the deal you're talking about. I bought it too.  When you purchased that specific deal it said the deal was limited to one purchase per account/email address.  So if you purchased that deal again, then *presumably* it wouldn't work unless you created a new NowTV account with a new email address.

Yeah... I assumed the same.

Still, looks like I'm sorted for the next couple of months, at least!  ??

……………………………………………………………….
 image.png.850abcc8201c2f00f8385d88f4e1b805.png
May the fallen rest in peace. 
May those that return, have the fortune to live in peace.

• 2 months later...

Just a heads up for anyone that uses these sky sports passes/vouchers on Now TV...

After getting a £20 month (for 1 month) deal back in Oct, I then got the same deal for 2 months, which was about to run out on 26th Jan (To continue automatically at £33.99 or free cancellation).  After a quick search I couldn't find any suitable deals/vouchers, so went on my NOW TV account to cancel.

They asked why, and I ticked the "Too expensive" box.  They then asked 3 times if I was sure, and I replied yes each time.

They finally offered the same £20 per month deal, for 3 months, so I took it, and am now good until 26th April!

Don't anyone let it continue at that £33.99!  The robbin' ba5t4rd5!  ?

On 15/01/2020 at 22:05, Mucker1884 said:

Just a heads up for anyone that uses these sky sports passes/vouchers on Now TV...

After getting a £20 month (for 1 month) deal back in Oct, I then got the same deal for 2 months, which was about to run out on 26th Jan (To continue automatically at £33.99 or free cancellation).  After a quick search I couldn't find any suitable deals/vouchers, so went on my NOW TV account to cancel.

They asked why, and I ticked the "Too expensive" box.  They then asked 3 times if I was sure, and I replied yes each time.

They finally offered the same £20 per month deal, for 3 months, so I took it, and am now good until 26th April!

They didnt offer me that ?

Suppose they cant do it for everyone or word just gets out.

Glad you got it though...i'll go to scrabbling for cheap week passes (hasnt been any in ages) or getting wet next time we play away on sky.

On 15/01/2020 at 22:05, Mucker1884 said:

I just got the same deal.

I can get a pass through my work for 25% off too for some reason.. 

Beginning of the season they were doing 10mo for £200.

Archived