Two Directors step down

Mafiabob

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Interesting this one is.

Looking back, his estimated wealth has stayed at £500m for 3 years.

This to be would indicate that all of the money being ploughed into DCFC is being treated as an investment. 

So although on paper he has £500m, I would estimate £150m to £200m of that is tied up in DCFC and not making him any money.

Could it be that his income is now no longer covering the DCFC losses hence why he is looking for external investment?

Just like to point out that all of the above is guesswork as I have no idea of any other sources of income MM has.

to put all this investment business in fans terms if you had £240 would you buy a Derby shirt for £48? thats what mEL DID IN OUR TERMS

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a very sensationalist story there by Nixon again to me, not convinced there’s no twisting of the facts going on with that headline. Think it’s probably fair to say something major has happened last week in terms of progress towards the sake of the club, with the resignation of part of the board. With reports on here as well of a bid being rejected, I think it’s fair to say that part of the article is probably correct. However, I don’t think for a second this is about an extra 10m. If a deal was that far along that an interested party was flying over here to complete a deal, I very much doubt the two sides weren’t on the same page monetary wise. It’s just a guess by me, but I suspect this has much more to do with the structure of the deal- in terms of where Mels future here lies. I don’t think he’s ready to bow out totally, and I think he’s very wary of selling us down the river to someone who doesn’t have the best intentions at heart. Think it’s much more likely it’s this sort of thing that caused the deal to fall through, and I think Mels very justified in holding out for the right deal in all aspects.

What will be interesting to see, is when such a deal will appear and go through. Is there already another bid on the table? Members of the board have already quit, was that in preparation for this deal that’s fallen through only? Or are there multiple offers on the table, with a takeover of some form imminent any which way up, so the board quit in preparation for any deal in general, not a specific one? Personally I think given the timings the latter is far more likely, so the potential completion of a takeover will be something to keep an eye on in the coming weeks. I reckon there’s something else in the works.

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

Teletext now saying Mel has turned down 50 million quid from America and is holding out for 60 mill. How much did Mel pay for the Rams.

Think it has been widely reported that he paid £50m for the purchase of the club.

Up to 30 June 2018, there had been circa £100m more invested.

At that point it is not clear if the ground had actually been paid for or not, so potentially another £80m there.

Another £20m loss up to 30 June 2019 maybe.

He could be into us for £250m (although he obviously, through another company, owns the ground).

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Didn’t MM say at one of the forums, he’d let the club go for a pound or something like that if the right offer came in ? 

Thought I had read that somewhere on here ?

Wouldnt bet my house on it, and my memory is not great, but pretty sure he said something along them lines at the Nunsfield House forum.

So was this the deal that the directors were stepping down for? Or were they just stepping down because they knew investment would be coming at some point just not from who?

He also apparently turned down a deal that would have seen him run out of town. Only speculation, but maybe this American consortium include that Gillette guy that nobody wanted. I assume for £60 mill he would be selling his entire stake in the club, which surprises me as well - thought he would stick around. 

35 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Didn’t MM say at one of the forums, he’d let the club go for a pound or something like that if the right offer came in ? 

Thought I had read that somewhere on here ?

It was reported in the Telegraph in March. The basic gist of it was that he would be willing to sell the club for £1, but on the condition that the £100 million worth of loans to the club were repaid by the new owners.

11 hours ago, GenBr said:

So was this the deal that the directors were stepping down for? Or were they just stepping down because they knew investment would be coming at some point just not from who?

He also apparently turned down a deal that would have seen him run out of town. Only speculation, but maybe this American consortium include that Gillette guy that nobody wanted. I assume for £60 mill he would be selling his entire stake in the club, which surprises me as well - thought he would stick around. 

It was reported in the Telegraph in March. The basic gist of it was that he would be willing to sell the club for £1, but on the condition that the £100 million worth of loans to the club were repaid by the new owners.

Hmmm, hope it goes better than the last time the club was sold for £1

Archived