Deliveroo / Just Eat warning

McRamFan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/06/2019 at 08:25, Wolfie said:

Not as much as the independent takeaway places who get ripped off by these (and other, similar) parasites.

Thing is .. it’s our own fault. Because we are lazy we let what is in effect a middle man get between us and the supplier. It costs us a bit more and it erodes the actual suppliers profit. 

They are all very clever and make it easy so we use them instead of working it out for ourselves.

Booking.Com and lots of other facilitators and platforms. They get to a position of power forcing the hands of hoteliers or restaurants to use them or clients just don’t find them because we can’t be bothered to search and negotiate. Well that’s my two penny worth of grump this morning ?

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, jono said:

Thing is .. it’s our own fault. Because we are lazy we let what is in effect a middle man get between us and the supplier. It costs us a bit more and it erodes the actual suppliers profit. 

They are all very clever and make it easy so we use them instead of working it out for ourselves.

Booking.Com and lots of other facilitators and platforms. They get to a position of power forcing the hands of hoteliers or restaurants to use them or clients just don’t find them because we can’t be bothered to search and negotiate. Well that’s my two penny worth of grump this morning ?

Are lazy and convenience the same thing?

To be honest, dont have takeaways loads but the number of mistakes that seem to happen no matter who you order from, its good to have someone to properly complain too if it goes wrong.

39 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Are lazy and convenience the same thing?

To be honest, dont have takeaways loads but the number of mistakes that seem to happen no matter who you order from, its good to have someone to properly complain too if it goes wrong.

You’re probably right but I just have an occasional moan when you think what do they actually do that you can’t do yourself. As you say though, it’s convenience.

comival though just back from Athens and stayed over night in a hotel a Piraeus - for the ferries .. If we do it again and book direct then it’s 15% less and free breakfast. But yeah a corporate point of contact has a value. 

A lot of the takeaways around our way have upped their presence online and brought in their own online ordering with a bit of discount or free portions.

I think the likes of just eat are probably on the way out.

Archived