Aston Villa v West Brom | Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg

Day

Difficult to argue that Villa would not survive in Prem with three good signings. If you can finish above the other two promoted teams you have only got to be better than one other. Cardiff and Fulham both straight back down this year but Wolves were different class and still improving. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Difficult to argue that Villa would not survive in Prem with three good signings. If you can finish above the other two promoted teams you have only got to be better than one other. Cardiff and Fulham both straight back down this year but Wolves were different class and still improving. 

If they don’t go up in financial   terms they are in deep trouble I’d guess

22 minutes ago, Rampage said:

The need for VAR is overwhelming. 

Won't change anything IMO. It'll mean they get the immediate decision right more often, but not every time, and the debate will then move on to the previous incident...should the throw in have been given the other way, was there a foul in the build-up, etc...and it'll slow the game down and rob us of the moments we go to football for.

33 minutes ago, Needless said:

Won't change anything IMO. It'll mean they get the immediate decision right more often, but not every time, and the debate will then move on to the previous incident...should the throw in have been given the other way, was there a foul in the build-up, etc...and it'll slow the game down and rob us of the moments we go to football for.

Take your point, Needless but there have been improvements since VAR was introduced. Almost certain that there will be a couple of dodgy decisions today. I am looking for us to play at our highest level and the rest will be history. We need a two goal lead, no injuries and a strict ref on clear fouls on Mount, Wilson and Duane if playing. COYR

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

If they don’t go up in financial   terms they are in deep trouble I’d guess

Wikipedia says they still own their stadium. If thats right i imagine they could just pull our trick next season and sell it to themselves. 

Archived