foreign managers

ronnieronalde

Sitting here as a neutral fan, certainly premier league wise I can't help but think how foreign managers have come in and positively influenced the game. In addition to that, they come across as brilliant characters with a lot of intelligence and a great way of speaking.

Just listening to the two interviews from Klopp and Silva there, very entertaining and honest. Fair play to Silva, he could have made more of Klopp running on to the pitch like that, Sky typically giving him every opportunity to do so.

I look at the top flight and these days it's tough to pick a favourite manager but for sure the top boys and the biggest characters are all foreigners.

Klopp is pure genius and great entertainment.

Guardiola, fair enough you can argue he's only ever gone where the money is but listening to his passion and the way he looks after his players. Class.

Jose is Jose but then you've also go Poccetino, another really classy person, Silva looks as if he's a great bloke to work for and then every time I listen to Espirito Santo I like him more and more.

For someone who really would have preferred the game to be a bit more UK centric it's a bizarre situation that I find myself liking the foreign managers and their style so much. Of course I know the majority of top flight managers are foreign but even dropping down a level, the english/scottish boys just don't seem to have quite the same pazazz.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Sitting here as a neutral fan, certainly premier league wise I can't help but think how foreign managers have come in and positively influenced the game. In addition to that, they come across as brilliant characters with a lot of intelligence and a great way of speaking.

Just listening to the two interviews from Klopp and Silva there, very entertaining and honest. Fair play to Silva, he could have made more of Klopp running on to the pitch like that, Sky typically giving him every opportunity to do so.

I look at the top flight and these days it's tough to pick a favourite manager but for sure the top boys and the biggest characters are all foreigners.

Klopp is pure genius and great entertainment. He's not as good as wee Billy Davies 

Guardiola, fair enough you can argue he's only ever gone where the money is but listening to his passion and the way he looks after his players. Class.

Jose is Jose but then you've also go Poccetino, another really classy person, Silva looks as if he's a great bloke to work for and then every time I listen to Espirito Santo I like him more and more.

For someone who really would have preferred the game to be a bit more UK centric it's a bizarre situation that I find myself liking the foreign managers and their style so much. Of course I know the majority of top flight managers are foreign but even dropping down a level, the english/scottish boys just don't seem to have quite the same pazazz.

You look at British managers nowadays and they've largely been left behind by the foreign influx of management. The Alladyces and Pulis types, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce. None of them have embraced the evolution of football like the top foreign managers.

Cept now we've got Frank Lampard, Bournemouth have got Eddie Howe. I'm sure they're others, that bloke at Villa. English management is evolving. Look at Gareth Southgate, he might not be decent at club level, but he's prepared to evolve with the game at international level.

I'm sure we'll have the first English manager to win the league title under the premiership header in the next 10 years.

1 hour ago, blackNwhites said:

You look at British managers nowadays and they've largely been left behind by the foreign influx of management. The Alladyces and Pulis types, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce. None of them have embraced the evolution of football like the top foreign managers.

Cept now we've got Frank Lampard, Bournemouth have got Eddie Howe. I'm sure they're others, that bloke at Villa. English management is evolving. Look at Gareth Southgate, he might not be decent at club level, but he's prepared to evolve with the game at international level.

I'm sure we'll have the first English manager to win the league title under the premiership header in the next 10 years.

Soul's got his name pencilled in and has already been in touch with Karankie to see if Forest will be needing the open top bus ?

Archived