Derby v Liverpool last game of first title season May '72

TimRam

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at that game. Remember the goal & have seen a couple of clips of it over the years, but don’t remember much else & haven’t seen the other stuff until some of it was shown on the Rams tv interview with Alan Durban recently. (What a tackle by Durbs by the way, it ultimately won us the league)

Great memories. By the way all the overcrowding & fans spilling on to the pitch was in the Liverpool end. There were around 12,000 scousers at the sold out BBG that night, around half of them were ticketless & locked out.

I went to plenty of home games that season, but i have absolutely no recollection of going to this one. No idea why not.

john mcgovern should have got more recognition for scoring the vital goal. 

Sad that he sold all his Derby medals. 

20 hours ago, Roboram said:

I was at that game. Remember the goal & have seen a couple of clips of it over the years, but don’t remember much else & haven’t seen the other stuff until some of it was shown on the Rams tv interview with Alan Durban recently. (What a tackle by Durbs by the way, it ultimately won us the league)

Great memories. By the way all the overcrowding & fans spilling on to the pitch was in the Liverpool end. There were around 12,000 scousers at the sold out BBG that night, around half of them were ticketless & locked out.

What....Liverpool fans at a game without tickets.....scandalous accusation...you will be telling me next that some of them had been drinking....?? 

Archived