Jayden Bogle

therealhantsram

Great experience for the lad last night. Yes, he found it tough against Martial but then again most Premier full backs are going to find the same this season.

Just wish someone had told him to get closer to Martial. He let him get the ball and turn on too many occasions imho. Yes, he would have still have got roasted on occasions but that’s to be expected against such a gd player. If he had stayed tighter and Bennett had tracked back better and provided cover then I think he might ave found it a little less tough..

Great prospect though and I love that his confidence never gets dented.

????????????????????

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Unless I’m missing something how had JB managed not to get a call up to any of England’s youth teams?

He was on standby for the under 19s in the recent break.

These teams are largely made up of academy products from the big few clubs. 

It'll be interesting to see if things change as we establish ourselves at the top of those leagues.

I enjoyed his performance yesterday. He will have learned a lot. A tough first half saw him pull back from a couple of opportunities to go on the outside. I had a sense that their No 3 had been told to impose himself on the young talent and it worked for a while. Jayden kept at it, kept trying to play his game and came out on top. Not perfect by any means but he played well, used his skill and learned. I haven’t one iota of doubt that he will be a premier league player. 

Archived