Sign in to follow this  
MuespachRam

Tour de France

Geraint’s brother works in the same office as me, we had a bit of a to-do last year when he won it. 

Have to say though, one of those sports where I’m massively in awe of the athletic feat, but you couldn’t pay me to watch it. 

38 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The taffy strikes back.

He'll probably get to hold the yellow on the next two stages with one flat and one hilly but not mountainous but three crunch days in the alps, and behind Thomas seems the contenders are gathering.

Been far more interesting this year than the last few where sky/ineos just ride to snuff out attacks.

Pinot looks dangerous and in form for the Alps. 

The rest day has come just in time for Alaphillipe. 

I dont think Thomas has quite enough this year, although I read that the Tour might be won by the freshest rider going into the 3rd week and him and Kruisjwik have 9 less days in the saddle than Pinot and Alaphillipe this year  

Well that has to be the craziest stage for a while and it didn't even finish!! Thought there was a heatwave in Europe??

Sets it up nicely for a do or die stage tomorrow. 

What do Ineos do? Cover all attacks against Bernal to ensure a victory, or let them fight it out on the 3rd and last 33km climb to Val Thorens ski station  

4 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Sets it up nicely for a do or die stage tomorrow. 

What do Ineos do? Cover all attacks against Bernal to ensure a victory, or let them fight it out on the 3rd and last 33km climb to Val Thorens ski station  

Ineos will just ride for Bernal now. David Brailsford doesn't do sentiment or glory, just winning. It's been much more fun with Sky/Ineos not being able to dominate but I can't see them stuffing it up from here.

All over for the likeable Alaphillipe now, but he's been the noble french nearly man this year and won the time trial in style (and this way he can spend the rest of his life blaming the weather). Shame for Pinot, if not injured he might have thrown a spanner in the works.