Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MuespachRam

Tour de France

Recommended Posts

The biggest spectator sport in the world with the chance of a "British" guy winning it for a record equaling 5 times and another British guy just got the yellow jersey in a British team led by a guy from Derbyshire and no one is talking about it.....?

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The biggest spectator sport in the world with the chance of a "British" guy winning it for a record equaling 5 times and another British guy just got the yellow jersey in a British team led by a guy from Derbyshire and no one is talking about it.....?

It was a brilliant ride by Thomas yesterday. I hope Sky give him a chance to win, but I imagine they’ll favour Froome.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

The biggest spectator sport in the world with the chance of a "British" guy winning it for a record equaling 5 times and another British guy just got the yellow jersey in a British team led by a guy from Derbyshire and no one is talking about it.....?

Why do you think that is? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

It was a brilliant ride by Thomas yesterday. I hope Sky give him a chance to win, but I imagine they’ll favour Froome.

Its a strange one for Sky now because it could as many have said go down to a purely business decision and is the best business decision to have Froome win it and set records or for Thomas to win it and have Sky have 3 winners and take the heat off Froome a bit..?

Personally I think Froome will kill it.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, David said:

And way too much Lycra. 

 

I can see your profile picture David. Once you’ve caught the cycling bug it won’t be long until you become a MAMIL😜

Edited by DC-1975

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

I can see your profile picture David. Once you’ve caught the cycling bug it won’t be long until you become a MAMIL😜

Not everything you enjoy doing makes it entertaining to watch as a spectator!

Actually picked up an expensive bike today. Proper one. No Lycra though.

3A2D0D0E-6061-46E4-8A51-E7CD11C9FD9C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, David said:

Not everything You enjoy doing makes it entertaining to watch as a spectator!

Actually picked up an expensive bike today. Proper one. No Lycra though.

3A2D0D0E-6061-46E4-8A51-E7CD11C9FD9C.jpeg

Very nice 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Awesome performance by Thomas... that has given Mr Brailsford something to think about..

What a great finish. Have Froome's legs gone after winning the Giro?

I think the Time Trial might decide this now. 

Share this post


Link to post

Strange sport on the flat, no rider can go faster than the main bunch because of the wind.  So watching flat races or flat stages is sort of pointless until the sprint finish.  In the mountains it's very entertaining and a really good sport.

But unfortunately it's all tainted, who knows which wins are genuine and which aren't?  Which 'medications' are intended to enhance performance and which are actually necessary.  Why is such an elite sport usually contested by so many asthmatics ?

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Surely now Sky have to get behind G..?

Froome can’t make up 2.31 with 3 stages left; he has to ride for Thomas now. Would be brilliant to see G win because he’s a great bike rider and a genuinely nice guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Surely now Sky have to get behind G..?

Team Sky will be relieved that the decision has probably  now been made for them, out on the road. After backing Wiggins in the Vuelta in 2012(?) to Froome's detriment, I suspect that they did not relish having a comparable situation again, and particularly so late in this Tour.

It could still unravel even now with one more stage in the Pyrenees plus the individual time trial, but G certainly looks to be the stronger this year on the climbs - and the time trial has a decidedly " lumpy" look to it.

Barring mechanicals  / falls, we should see a Welsh victory on the Champs Elysee - I don't see Dumoulin clawing back virtually 2 minutes on the three remaining stages, good as he is "against the clock".

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Team Sky will be relieved that the decision has probably  now been made for them, out on the road. After backing Wiggins in the Vuelta in 2012(?) to Froome's detriment, I suspect that they did not relish having a comparable situation again, and particularly so late in this Tour.

It could still unravel even now with one more stage in the Pyrenees plus the individual time trial, but G certainly looks to be the stronger this year on the climbs - and the time trial has a decidedly " lumpy" look to it.

Barring mechanicals  / falls, we should see a Welsh victory on the Champs Elysee - I don't see Dumoulin clawing back virtually 2 minutes on the three remaining stages, good as he is "against the clock".

Good summary, but I still think Dumoulin is the danger man. I suspect he's kicking himself for concentrating on Froome, expecting Thomas to have cracked by now.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.