Sign in to follow this  
MuespachRam

Tour de France

Im struggling to copy the chart into here but below is the text from cycling news in 2010. Basicaly, the International cycling union did research into cyclists blood passports and rated the 2010 giro participants from 0 to 10 on the liklehood of doping. 

Our current Tour de France winner rated a 6. Wiggins a 3. 

0 means no suspicion.

See below for an analysis of a 6 to 10 rating.  

"From six to ten, the circumstantial evidence of possible doping was "overwhelming". According to the paper, some of the riders located to the top of list have already been singled out by the biological passport and evaluated by the panel of nine experts, even if no procedure was opened. "Still, some of the files' commentaries are damning. Recurrent abnormal profiles, enormous fluctuations, identification of the used doping product and means of administration..." wrote L'Equipe's anti-doping expert journalist Damien Ressiot"

You've got to admit, it does seem highly suspicious that for something we used to be rubbish at, for 'us' to now hold the three main titles at the same time, there must be something amiss. We can't have all of a sudden, after 100 years, discovered how to peddle faster.

Maybe they all cheat, and we've just found a better, more undetectable way of doing it?

I fall on the side of give all athletes as many drugs as they can take though. Who cares about seeing someone run 100m in 10 seconds, then 9.97, then 9.59? It's basically the same. I want to see someone run it in 5 seconds. That would be progress. 

Maybe Thomas is good at peddling. Lets see him win the Tour whilst giving someone a backsie. Then I'll be impressed.

Chris Froome out of 2019 Tour de France after 'very serious' crash...

Britain's four-time champion Chris Froome has been ruled out of the Tour de France after a "very serious" crash.

Team Ineos rider Froome, 34, was taken to hospital with a reported broken femur after crashing before stage four of the Criterium du Dauphine on Wednesday.

"He crashed in the downhill section of the course at high speed. He hit a wall," team principal Dave Brailsford told France Televisions. "It'll take quite a long time before he races again."

The incident took place during a practice ride on Wednesday's 26.1km time-trial course in Roanne, France.

Brailsford said: "The ambulance came quickly. He's been taken care of and waits for a helicopter to be transferred to Lyon or Saint-Etienne.

"It's a very serious accident. Clearly, he won't be at the start of the Tour de France."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/48612884

With Thomas and Bernal they still have a good team and some other contestants not there or in form. 

Who else? Nibali, possibly. Kriezwiec unlikely, quintana, not in form. No other teams strong enough. 

L

3 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

With Thomas and Bernal they still have a good team and some other contestants not there or in form. 

Who else? Nibali, possibly. Kriezwiec unlikely, quintana, not in form. No other teams strong enough. 

Im too cynical of Inios, and cycling at the moment to get excited about TDF.

Perhaps I follow too many doping experts on Twitter to give a balanced view. 

Froome was in a very serious accident but had that 'thumbs up' picture, with no visible accident damage. Then Thomas has a blip. 

Like I said, Im almost at the end of Paul Kimmage book and its quite informative. 

19 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

L

Im too cynical of Inios, and cycling at the moment to get excited about TDF.

Perhaps I follow too many doping experts on Twitter to give a balanced view. 

Froome was in a very serious accident but had that 'thumbs up' picture, with no visible accident damage. Then Thomas has a blip. 

Like I said, Im almost at the end of Paul Kimmage book and its quite informative. 

The doping problem with cycling hasn't gone away, it just had to become more clever about it. Between that the team sky employing the cycling equivalent of rowettball to good effect it's not the fun it used to be. If Thomas is sore but basically unharmed Ineos will probably ride him to the win.

On 30/06/2019 at 03:26, RadioactiveWaste said:

The doping problem with cycling hasn't gone away, it just had to become more clever about it. Between that the team sky employing the cycling equivalent of rowettball to good effect it's not the fun it used to be. If Thomas is sore but basically unharmed Ineos will probably ride him to the win.

Anyone found wiggins laptop yet? 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Anyone found wiggins laptop yet? 

The one on which the "my doping schedule" excel file absolutely 100% does not exist because it never existed and that package was just some pontefract cakes because Sir Brad likes liquorish?

The racing starting from tomorrow should be good. 

No obvious favourite, and no team looks to be too strong to control the race. 

Here's a tip from Paul Kimmage, see how many, if any, wear long sleeve tops in the sweltering heat. Hopefully none and we can have a clean race.