Thank you

loweman2

I would just like to say a massive thank you to one of our own today for getting the below shirt sorted for me ! It’s hard work getting all of this memorabilia together and when somebody offers to do a favour it’s a great help, the man who needs a big shout going out to him is @PrivateDerby for getting this masterpiece in the bag !

the one and only Franny Lee !

The man who took on dirty Leeds on his own !

thank you Jack !

FB02EB49-FC91-4E58-93E4-1B7C0C9CEA6F.jpeg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Private Derby...

...and can you do anything about my much loved commemorative “Rams v QPR, 24 October 2009” t-shirt which developed a big rip today due to being threadbare and I fear it might be headed for the bin.

6 hours ago, ramesses said:

Well done Private Derby...

...and can you do anything about my much loved commemorative “Rams v QPR, 24 October 2009” t-shirt which developed a big rip today due to being threadbare and I fear it might be headed for the bin.

Went un-bid so seller may still have it. Auction was less than a month ago and could have been bought for £4.39 so won't break the bank.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPECIAL-COMMERITIVE-MATCH-TSHIRT-RAMS-vs-RANGERS-IN-GOOD-CLEAN-CONDITION-SIZE-L-/253683726547

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

@loweman2 - Roy Mac gave my dad the shirt he wore in the Charity Shield via Colin Boulton who my dad helped with his testimonial.

I lost the ducker when we moved to the States. properly devastated ?

There seem to be a lot of stories of missing shirts, Colin Todd told me that he had most of his pinched when he moved house once,England ones the lot ! But didn’t realise until weeks after !

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

There seem to be a lot of stories of missing shirts, Colin Todd told me that he had most of his pinched when he moved house once,England ones the lot ! But didn’t realise until weeks after !

Oh good grief that really sucks.

In all honesty I doubt mine was stolen, I think it just got lost. 

I had a huge Union Jack with Derby County across the middle (from the days when England fans took the UJ rather than the Cross of St George) that traveled with me to loads of L A and then St Louis Rams gams, that got lost too.

Only a few months ago I sent a tankard  that was issued after we won the 1st Division for the first time (do you have it, it was black with gold lettering made out of ceramic/clay whatever) to my great nephew who is a mad Rams fan back in the UK and a ton of bubble wrap didn't stop it getting broken.

Always liked Franny. When he joined us he could have just used it as a last payday but he gave his all for Derby and was instrumental in winning the League for us.

Frannie Lee cracked Norman Hunter nanananana nananana

Remember his last game for us, Ipswich away 1976, we won 6-2, Frannie got two and we sang his name for ages st the end of the match.

Well done @PrivateDerby for whatever help you gave to @loweman2

Pray tell ?

6 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I also had a wooden ram on a marble base that Richard Moore had made for my dad to thank him for something or other (he also gave me and my dad sweaters made out of cashmere and with just a single ram on the breast, but we had no idea to hand wash them and they disintegrated within a few weeks!), but fortunately that did make it back home. I should get him to photo it and upload.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Always liked Franny. When he joined us he could have just used it as a last payday but he gave his all for Derby and was instrumental in winning the League for us.

Frannie Lee cracked Norman Hunter nanananana nananana

Remember his last game for us, Ipswich away 1976, we won 6-2, Frannie got two and we sang his name for ages st the end of the match.

Well done @PrivateDerby for whatever help you gave to @loweman2

Pray tell ?

I was at that game!

We took the Ramaway there!

15 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was sat in the B Stand for that game and watching Franny walk off with Hunter slightly behind him. Hunter was playing with his lip to mock Franny, then all of a sudden it kicked off again as they walked toward the tunnel.

Good times! ?

Must have been excellent to see it happen in the flesh so to speak, just like a Sunday morning on the racecourse ! I managed to get Norman hunter to sign that pic aswell, as usual the only one missing is Rioch !

8 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Must have been excellent to see it happen in the flesh so to speak, just like a Sunday morning on the racecourse ! I managed to get Norman hunter to sign that pic aswell, as usual the only one missing is Rioch !

Come on Bruce! Sign summat for @loweman2 ffs.

My favourite song of all time.....

Hello Hello, how do you do

We are the boys in white and blue 

We love to sing

We love to fight

We hate the boys in red and white

We’ll sing a song of victory

We’ll sing a song in harmony

The Villa fans will never mock

When they remember Bruce Rioch

Rioch Rioch clap clap clap clap

Archived