Smoking

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Is it just me or do more and more young people seem to be smoking these days?

Where i have started working there are 3 young people around 20 and all smoke.

Don't get it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

I blame jeremy corbyn after he promised to pay off everyones student debt, they all rushed out and started chucking money about like it was water.

?

36 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Is it just me or do more and more young people seem to be smoking these days?

Where i have started working there are 3 young people around 20 and all smoke.

Don't get it.

I noticed this too at the weekend when we were at the races. Thought they'd all be vaping these days. Obviously not cool enough for the yoof of today. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Given the price of it, they must be paying too much at your place. 

I wish.

According to the official stats, the rates of smoking (in Australia at least) have been in steep decline for decades across all age groups.

Since the late 1990s at least (when I directly managed departments with hundreds of people, many of whom were younger), I’ve sensed exactly the same thing.

It’s sufficiently pervasive that I’m convinced it’s not just a misperception on my part. I’m not certain quite how they measure smoking rates but I assume they’re based upon voluntary surveys and that it’s reflective of ‘response bias’, ie smokers are reluctant to identify themselves as smokers because it’s perceived to be (as a non-smoker, I’d argue it IS) a bad thing.

About 7-8 years ago, there was a debate in Australia about whether the previous Federal Government’s move to plain packaging had been successful. All of the numbers trotted out said one thing: that smoking rates had declined sharply.

Except one. The total amount of cigarettes sold. Go figure.

Peer group wotsit doodah. Rite of thingummy.  Nipple substitute.

In france young people don't eat, they just drink coffee, and smoke french fags.

it used to cool to smoke cigarettes - only a few decades ago in fact. 

image.thumb.jpeg.247ef017dc4edc80c8acaceb092f733d.jpeg

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Peer group wotsit doodah. Rite of thingummy.  Nipple substitute.

In france young people don't eat, they just drink coffee, and smoke french fags.

it used to cool to smoke cigarettes - only a few decades ago in fact. 

image.thumb.jpeg.247ef017dc4edc80c8acaceb092f733d.jpeg

Id blow in her face.?

My close mates don’t smoke. My girlfriend has for ages, keep telling her to quit but she won’t. I tried it at college, never once was addicted to it. I don’t think it’s as popular as it used to be. Although I’ve seen less people starting to vape now. 

Smoking has killed some of my family at a young age so I don’t try and go near it. 

Archived