Derby reserves or England reserves.

Curtains

TobyWanKenobi
31 minutes ago, curtains said:

We had a thread watching Rams or England .

People have been saying we will take a couple of seasons of mid table to allow the academy players to flourish in the first team while we dispense of the old guard etc etc. 

Watching reserve team football is like watching paint dry. 

England and Belgium played B teams and look at the reaction afterwards. 

What if though, what if.... Instead of dropping our Harry Kane and Jesse Lingard to play the youth, we drop our Jordan Pickfords and Raheem Sterlings?

You know, only drop the poo first teamers and keep the good first teamers.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, David said:

It’s early, far too early for a Curtains topic but I think I’ve got this one.

Here goes. 

What he’s saying is reserve players are not as good as first team players, as proven by England last night.

It’s in Rams Talk because he has concerns over us playing some of the U23s this season over first team players.

I could expand on this by throwing out there that his preferred approach would be to stick 2 fingers up to FFP and forget bringing youth through.

Now this is all clearly flawed, I’m just the translator in this. 

Someone stick the kettle on, milk no sugar please.

Tea or coffee?

1 minute ago, Smyth_18 said:

I don't think this thread ever was on track tbh. I'm not sure there was a track possible to be on.

there's always a track with @curtains. But sometimes its like one of those 1970's prog rock concept album ones - you know, 30 minutes long mainly consisting of weird noises, dissonance and periodic silences with just the occasional outbreak of harmony and melody.....?

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

there's always a track with @curtains. But sometimes its like one of those 1970's prog rock concept album ones - you know, 30 minutes long mainly consisting of weird noises, dissonance and periodic silences with just the occasional outbreak of harmony and melody.....?

Must be a struggle for them old uns training today lol 

Up the Rams. 

7EE45CEA-0CA0-4351-B2B1-FC56C90917EB.jpeg

Archived