Derby reserves or England reserves.

Curtains

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s early, far too early for a Curtains topic but I think I’ve got this one.

Here goes. 

What he’s saying is reserve players are not as good as first team players, as proven by England last night.

It’s in Rams Talk because he has concerns over us playing some of the U23s this season over first team players.

I could expand on this by throwing out there that his preferred approach would be to stick 2 fingers up to FFP and forget bringing youth through.

Now this is all clearly flawed, I’m just the translator in this. 

Someone stick the kettle on, milk no sugar please.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Here goes. 

What he’s saying is reserve players are not as good as first team players, as proven by England last night.

It’s in Rams Talk because he has concerns over us playing some of the U23s this season over first team players.

I could expand on this by throwing out there that his preferred approach would be to stick 2 fingers up to FFP and forget bringing youth through.

Interesting.

Not sure its quite as applicable, as we have plenty of substandard first teamers ? 

But thanks for the translation David.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Here goes. 

We had a thread watching Rams or England .

People have been saying we will take a couple of seasons of mid table to allow the academy players to flourish in the first team while we dispense of the old guard etc etc. 

Watching reserve team football is like watching paint dry. 

England and Belgium played B teams and look at the reaction afterwards. 

Just now, curtains said:

We had a thread watching Rams or England .

People have been saying we will take a couple of seasons of mid table to allow the academy players to flourish in the first team while we dispense of the old guard etc etc. 

Watching reserve team football is like watching paint dry. 

England and Belgium played B teams and look at the reaction afterwards. 

The difference is though that England and Belgium's A teams are full of quality.

Derby's A team has a smattering of quality.

39 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not sure its quite as applicable

It’s not at all. Not only did England not look interested in winning last night, they weren’t exactly youngsters either with Cahill, Jones, Delph, Vardy, the first team has younger players in those positions.

And those younger players are shining in those positions as they were given a chance. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The difference is though that England and Belgium's A teams are full of quality.

Derby's A team has a smattering of quality.

But Derby’s B team has a smattering of quality. 

Derbys first team finished Top 6 and people were moaning.

There is no substitute for Football ability .

David is right I wouldn’t bother about  FFP and it is used by Derby as an excuse IMO as other teams pay little attention to it .

10 minutes ago, David said:

It’s not at all. Not only did England look interested in winning last night, they weren’t exactly youngsters either with Cahill, Jones, Delph, Vardy, the first team has younger players in those positions.

And those younger players are shining in those positions as they were given a chance. 

Oh I get it .

How many Will Hughes in Derby Academy then. 

PS Gazza on 5 live now talking England. 

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

David is right I wouldn’t bother about  FFP and it is used by Derby as an excuse IMO as other teams pay little attention to it .

Those clubs are easy to spot, they are under transfer embargo’s and have fines to pay......or they have been kicked out of Europa League like AC Milan.

I can only imagine a summer under a transfer embargo, and it’s not pretty. Look at it now because we haven’t signed a player in June.

You could also take a look down the road at Villa if you need examples of how throwing boat loads of money at it is the answer.

1 minute ago, David said:

Those clubs are easy to spot, they are under transfer embargo’s and have fines to pay......or they have been kicked out of Europa League like AC Milan.

I can only imagine a summer under a transfer embargo, and it’s not pretty.

You could also take a look down the road at Villa if you need examples of how throwing boat loads of money at it is the answer.

We have a self imposed transfer embargo lol IMO 

1 minute ago, David said:

What do we want?

SIGNINGS!

When do we want them?

LAST WEEK!

All together now.....

What do we want?

You know me. 

Anyhow back on track. 

England reserves weren’t very good. 

Pleased we don’t have the draw of death though. 

Archived