Sir Alex Ferguson in serious condition

Curtains

Sith Happens

Get well soon. No idea what the chances are with something like this. Amazing how someone can look so well one day then a few later this happens.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Get well soon. No idea what the chances are with something like this. Amazing how someone can look so well one day then a few later this happens.

And goes to show that money, wealth, power, fame, legend or not, **** can happen to anyone at any time (see also Schumacher). It’s a very sad and sobering thought. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

And goes to show that money, wealth, power, fame, legend or not, **** can happen to anyone at any time (see also Schumacher). It’s a very sad and sobering thought. 

Even more when you think what Schumacher did for a living, then retires and that happens while skiing.

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, David said:

All the best Fergie. No manager in my life will come close to touching him, with the way football is going, nobody ever will.

Exactly, clubs just wont afford a manager time again like they did then. If it was now he had started at United he probably wouldn't have made 2 seasons.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Exactly, clubs just wont afford a manager time again like they did then. If it was now he had started at United he probably wouldn't have made 2 seasons.

Time is what allowed him to bring youngsters through, Neville’s, Butt, Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, that team was incredible but would never have happened with a 2 season tenure. 

Even United now have a manager with talent under his nose but choosing to buy the ready now, must win titles manager.

I get it, but it isn’t half sad that the money injected into the game as turned it into this short cycle of lob a load of cash and move on to the next.

Can’t just blame the owners, fans now have the same mindset, needs a global effort from top to bottom. 

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

there's no need for DCFC to add weight, even in a small way

Yep I can totally see it that way too. There seems to be a black arm band for every match at the moment. Having said that, the Derby Twitter person had better be on his/her toes, we don't want to be the only club in the league not offering anything. Or even worse what if it's just us and Leeds or something - ugh I'd bang out a tribute just to be safe.

I do wish him well though - proper legend and as @eddie says, Fergie time should see him through.

• 2 months later...

Archived