Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sage

Derbyshire(ish) sports people

Recommended Posts

World Cup 1966 winner Ray Wilson was from Shirebrook.

England rugby International Jonathan Joseph born in Derby

John Lowe, epic 70s and 80s darts player from Chesterfield

Rocket Ron Haslam from Derbys ( Boycies way I think)

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

World Cup 1966 winner Ray Wilson was from Shirebrook.

England rugby International Jonathan Joseph born in Derby

John Lowe, epic 70s and 80s darts player from Chesterfield

Rocket Ron Haslam from Derbys ( Boycies way I think)

Yep, Ron lives in Smalley, comes from Langley Mill. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 13/04/2018 at 12:59, sage said:

Adam Peaty won a gold and silver in the swimming at the Commonwealth Games. 

Niamh Emerson from Shirland got bronze in the Heptathlon which is pretty good considering her age and inexperience. One to watch for the future. 

Niamh's my cousin 🙂Really down to earth girl. Used to have a season ticket at Derby but her dad's a Man Utd fan so she may still need some swaying!

 

She won the under 20s European Championships Heptathlon in Finland last month and I'm now saving my pennies in the hopes of going to Tokyo in 2020 😄  

Share this post


Link to post
On 20/08/2018 at 14:48, thederbyram said:

Niamh's my cousin 🙂Really down to earth girl. Used to have a season ticket at Derby but her dad's a Man Utd fan so she may still need some swaying!

 

She won the under 20s European Championships Heptathlon in Finland last month and I'm now saving my pennies in the hopes of going to Tokyo in 2020 😄  

Brilliant performance from Niamh Friday night to win pentathlon silver at the European Indoor Athletics championships in Glasgow. It was a world best points total for her age (not sure but I think she's only 19 or 20).

Five events, five personal bests.

I like her even more now I've read she supports Derby!

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/03/2019 at 08:31, angieram said:

Brilliant performance from Niamh Friday night to win pentathlon silver at the European Indoor Athletics championships in Glasgow. It was a world best points total for her age (not sure but I think she's only 19 or 20).

Five events, five personal bests.

I like her even more now I've read she supports Derby!

 

Yeah there's pictures of my grandma in the crowd with everything crossed haha. I've told her I'm not going to let her live that fall near the finish line down though!

And hey I can't guarantee she wasn't just going to the games because Niall Horan was sat nearby at the time... 😂

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.