Derbyshire(ish) sports people

sage

Adam Peaty won a gold and silver in the swimming at the Commonwealth Games. 

Niamh Emerson from Shirland got bronze in the Heptathlon which is pretty good considering her age and inexperience. One to watch for the future. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill add this on here because its about tbe commonwealth games, but not a derby person. 

Did anyone see the marathon? Callum Hawkins from Scotland leading by himself towards the end, basically collapses due to beat exhaustion and lies on by the pavement on his back in obvious distress. 

Theres a marshall beside him doing nothing. 

Then the Aussie runner runs past him and doesnt bat an eyelid as Callum is splaying around on his back. 

To make matters worse, the crowd then start to hang over him and get their phones out and start taking pictures....... 

Unbelievable......!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Ill add this on here because its about tbe commonwealth games, but not a derby person. 

Did anyone see the marathon? Callum Hawkins from Scotland leading by himself towards the end, basically collapses due to beat exhaustion and lies on by the pavement on his back in obvious distress. 

Theres a marshall beside him doing nothing. 

Then the Aussie runner runs past him and doesnt bat an eyelid as Callum is splaying around on his back. 

To make matters worse, the crowd then start to hang over him and get their phones out and start taking pictures....... 

Unbelievable......!!!!!!!!

(many) Australians are knobs. Of all the countries I have visited I have least liked the locals there. 

There was a 'cartoon' published in one of the papers showing the Aussies crowing, nay, gloating about how many more medals they'd won than England.

Bearing in mind that we normally compete as GB & N Ireland, if you add their medals into the count we actually got more medals than them, and that coming off the back of a N Hemisphere winter, and them having all the advantages of climate, diet, not having to travel etc.

What an unpleasant bunch of knobs.

And we don't cheat at cricket.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:51, sage said:

(many) Australians are knobs. Of all the countries I have visited I have least liked the locals there. 

Glad I am not the only one, worked over there for six months, wasn't the most pleasant experience.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens
7 hours ago, bristolram said:

Jonathan Joseph England Rugby 

Did you mean to post this in the funny name thread?

Archived