The accounts 16/17

ramblur

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the £14.725m headline loss in 15/16, this includes the £12m exceptional income and £200k profit on player sales. If you took these out, then the loss would have been £26.925m. If you look at this year's headline £7.9m and add on the profit on player sales (sorry, I've forgotten the exact figure) of £16m+ ,then the reduced loss probably more or less represents the increase in turnover minus the increase in wages. However, this would probably mean that the Academy expenses are still in DCFC, yet they also seem to be reflected in the new company. I hope it's just the fact that I've been pretty unwell for a while that's preventing me from working out how the new companies' results interact with other major companies, because if I didn't know better? it would appear that DCFC was consolidating their accounts.

Definitely need to see the full accounts of the big guns. One thing I would say as a word of warning to any that look at all the accounts:- Whilst the big companies round figures to the nearest £1k, the new companies give them to the £.

On the subject of wages, the increase surprised me, and I'm wondering if the increase could be to do with non playing staff ( driving revenues up). On the playing side, we recruited Vyds, Anya and Nuge, yet ditched Hendrick, Martin and Grant (half year). This is where my memory gets foggy - did Albentosa, Shotton, Buxton & Warnock also go? I can remember thinking some time ago that players' wages must have reduced in 16/17. 

17 hours ago, Gritters said:

If the wage bill was high last year add the likes of Huddlestone, Davies, Wisdom and Jerome wages in next year.

But remove Hughes, Ince ,Camara, Christie, + Martin, Bent, Shacks (part) and anyone I've forgotten (including a string of U23 out on loan).

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

We have no money 

I've a feeling ' little room for trading within FFP limits' might be more accurate. 

Can't find the post, but somewhere @reveldevil came up with some interesting idea on GT ( which is, unfortunately, unworkable). I'm taking a fee of £4m purely for the ease of working out figures. The situation with George would then be that £1m of amortization would have been charged in 04/05 ( old system). I'm then guessing that he would then have been given an RV of £3m, possibly upped by any later agents' fees re contract extension.

If you were to reduce his value down to zero, then you'd automatically trigger an impairment, chargeable against P/L ( and we certainly wouldn't want that).

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This reminds me, my accounts are due in soon.

Start a new thread 'Horror Stories' in the pub:D

With all the profits on sale (bar Christie) having gone into the 16/17 accounts, I do worry about this year, not anything to do with falling foul of FFP, as we've built up a good bit of leeway in 15/16 and 16/17. However, I wouldn't want us to breach £13m by a lot this year, as it would have implications for future cycles. The one ending 18/19 mightn't be too bad, because you've a 16/17 hefty undershoot to add to a possible 17/18 overshoot, but it's the following cycle that would worry me more :- Possible 17/18 overshoot + 18/19 that might be close to £13m , mightn't leave a lot for 19/20.............enter the U23s?;)

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

You don’t think Mel Morris would look to recoup some of his investment  then. 

He'll only get anywhere near to recouping that if we get promoted. I've a sneaking feeling that if Gary identified a youngish player that might make a big difference, Mel might just back him ( only my feeling though) - if the RV attached were high, and wages matched by an outgoing, then the FFP implications would be negligible, although Mel would obviously end up paying for the player. As Mel's had his fingers badly burnt in the past, I think it would be only natural that he'd want to convince himself that he could trust Gary with his money first. 

He's got little chance of 'recouping' anything whilst he continues to finance very big cash deficits on operations (for a start), though he might be able to stem the flow a little.

6 minutes ago, ramblur said:

He'll only get anywhere near to recouping that if we get promoted. I've a sneaking feeling that if Gary identified a youngish player that might make a big difference, Mel might just back him ( only my feeling though) - if the RV attached were high, and wages matched by an outgoing, then the FFP implications would be negligible, although Mel would obviously end up paying for the player. As Mel's had his fingers badly burnt in the past, I think it would be only natural that he'd want to convince himself that he could trust Gary with his money first. 

He's got little chance of 'recouping' anything whilst he continues to finance very big cash deficits on operations (for a start), though he might be able to stem the flow a little.

That is his dilemma isn’t it. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

That is his dilemma isn’t it. 

Looking to be a bit dejas vu the previous administration.

I can already visualize AA walking round his office saying ' Never again buy an English football club. Never again buy an English football club................'.

In the absence of the full published accounts, I'm hoping this thread might die off a bit, and give me an opportunity to do some spadework to lighten the burden after Easter.

When the accounts come out I'll be using the following abbreviations;-

CSI  = Comprehensive Income statement,   PBSE = Post Balance Sheet events (i.e any material transactions between the year end and the date the accounts are signed off. Usually transfer related),   ENIC = Employer's N.I. contributions (often referred to as payroll overhead)

You'll probably all know by now that B/S and P/L mean balance sheet and profit and loss respectively.

I'll refer to the consolidated accounts within Sevco 5112 as CA. Instead of saying DCFC all the time, I'll simply say 'club'.

I'll refer to the new companies as Academy, Commercial, and Catering.

The aggregate losses of the above 3 for 16/17 was £11,466,326. This is merely a note for myself, as I'll have to try to work out how it all fits in to the context of the main accounts.

4 hours ago, ramblur said:

I found the total for agents' fees online and could work out the levy from the 1st column, but this left me £2m+ short (in fact very similar to an amount mentioned in the Rush thread). At first I thought it was PC compo, but then I looked at a PBSE figure (going up to March 05- I forgot to mention we're talking about 04/05 here) and realized that this total for transfer activities almost equated to the total in the accounts, thus ruling out PC compo.

That should  have read 'March 15'  and '14/15'. I'm quite obviously not fit enough to be posting, so I'm back off to bed, and I'll duck out for a spell. Have checked the rest of my posts and can't find any glaring errors.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

This reminds me, my accounts are due in soon.

Ah, smug mode. The luxury of not having to get mine done before next January.

On 28/03/2018 at 19:09, feisty said:

Right. I'm now going to download 'football manager 18' and work out how to sort us out.

I'll post back once I've cracked it

If you're interested, I'm going with a wing back system:  3 CBs (Keogh, Davies, Wisdom), Forsyth as Left WB, Anya as Right (although I've just bought Williams from Cardiff) also, Huddlestone as Defensive Midfielder with Ledley and Johnson in front of him (Thorne is injured - obviously).  Palmer / Lawrence in No.10 (Vydra is injured) and Winnall up top

On 3/28/2018 at 12:59, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

What identity is that? Good teams stay up. It isn’t rocket science. Burnley went up with an ageing squad with a supposed poor style of football and look at them now. It isn’t impossible to transition in the Premier League 

Yes, the then 33-year-old Joey Barton was voted "Players' Player of the Season", plus Duff, Marney and Jones were all 30 plus.

Archived