Vydra and Palmer- how to work them together?

BridgfordRam

442 diamond may cut it 

Carson

wisdom.            Keogh.          Davies.       Fozz     

Hudds 

wiemen                                                      Jono    

Palmer

Jerome.             Vydra 

needs jono and wiemen to work their butts off , hudds Thorne Ledley interchangeable and Palmer has the work rate to be busy in the middle defensively numbers wise whilst he has the ability to drop deeper and take defences on ,

we need to be winning games now , draws and losses will see us falling away ,for me that kind of set up works and helps to balance our bench too but it needs the players to come out and get on the front foot from the start and if we need to shore up defensively later in games we have the personnel 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

He hasn't got the balls to play 3-4-2-1. Come hell or high water we're playing 4-2-3-1 - it's the Derby Way!

Injuries may force his hand , 4231 is ok when we have quality players for the 2 area , weakening that area with reserves or out of position players whilst keeping quality in other areas out of the team is not going to cut it 

On 3/8/2018 at 11:38, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm feeling sick at the thought of Bradley Johnson and Jamie Hanson being our defensive midfield on Sunday.

Agreed Hanson especially is nowhere near good enough IMO

Aren’t Nuge and Jerome doubts for this game also? 

I think he should play Vydra up top and Palmer at 10. We play differently now to when Vydra last played there in a 4-3-3 when he was a square peg in a round hole. Palmer needs to up his game from Tuesday. I also hope someone has had strong words with him after the Fulham game - we can’t afford any red cards tomorrow 

Id give Lawrence another go and if it doesn’t work bring Luke Thomas on. 

It’s not the time to change formation. That’s desperation and we’re not desperate....yet

Archived