Fulham: In a nutshell

Ellafella

22 hours ago, europia said:

Yes, very much a one season team, the objective being promotion. Obvious problem comes when your objective isn't achieved. Another rebuild on the cards...??

To be fair on evidence it's a half season team!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4 March 2018 at 12:05, Ellafella said:

1.       It wasn’t that cold really. Or maybe the Brandy/Port combo in my trusty hip flask did the trick just nicely.

2.       What on Planet Earth does Kasey Palmer have to do to get a start?; I imagine him staring at his boots in the dressing room and pondering his navel ...we’re lucky to have a player like him “in the building”. The received wisdom on the forums {shouldn’t that be “fora”?} is that Palmer and Vydra cannot play in the same side?! Really?!...so why have we loaned a player that cannot be picked alongside the Champ’s top scorer? FFS!?

3.       Lots of Fulham fans...filling the away end nicely.

4.       Ref and his assistants are sporting what can only be described as a “fetching” Lemon Sorbet tone of colour. I quickly realise it’s because they proceed to ref the game like lemons.

5.       Carson pulls off a great stop when he drops on a shot from 8 yards...a warning

6.       Good first 5 by Rams...a move of circa 6 passes is finished by Weimann from the edge of the 6 yard box only for Lemon Sorbet on the far side to flag for offside...it must have been close.

7.       Fulham then rip us apart with combination football...quick passing and movement. The sort we played 2 seasons ago. You can’t win games like that though; too much possession. Pretty on the eyes but it’ll get you nowhere.

8.       0-1 Fulham...a well worked corner, out to the edge of the 18 yard area, scooped back in...oh Forsyth seemed to get hit in the face with a football before Mitrovic bangs home.

9.       ...and now it’s 2-0. That was great football by Fulham and the back heal in the box to Sassignon was sublime.

10.   Edward, my 15 year old son turns and says “Dad, do you think GR will realise that we are being mullered in midfield and change formation?”.  I swig the brandy/port and reply “Not a chance, Edward”.

11.   No changes by Derby at HT...surreal.

12.   Palmer comes on...and suddenly we take control. Palmer is now running the show. He is cynically scythed down when bursting forward and rather stupidly pushes the Fulham player onto the ground.  He should see red but Lemon Sorbet #1 goes for yellow...it’s his favourite colour.

13.   We take a grip...the atmosphere cranks up to full volume...From a TL free-kick that virtually grubs along the ground there’s a poor clearance to the Hudd who steers it in from 18 yards...GAME ONNNN!!!!

14.   The Alamo...Derby have 3 gilt-edged chances to save the game...Anya heads the ball a full 35 yards  to set up Jerome but it’s not to be.

15.   Not sure precisely what Jerome’s raison d’etre is...we needed Martin in this situation for clever box play...Jerome is like using an adjustable wrench to try and remove a 13mm nut that’s rusted on. No matter how hard you belt it, it remains stuck. And you just don’t have a grip on it.

16.   Now Tom, this is a 5 stringed banjo. See that cow over there...try and swing the banjo by the Peg head and see if you can hit its arse with the banjo pot...that’s it, swing it, try again...again...just swing it onto the cow’s arse..the cow’s arse..see the cow? The back bit is its arse...swing the banjo and try and hit the arse...try again...the cow Tom, yep forget the arse, just try hitting the cow...try again...:mellow:

Enjoying these rounds ups Ellafella :thumbsup: ....

Only thing I'd add was that wonderful break in the first half when Lawrence set up Wisdom as they both burst down the right. If that had gone in it would have been a different game I reckon.*  I'd have also added something about that annoying little so and so 10 ( cairney yes ? ) .. Horrible pain in the rear but a good player 

*can we add an extra feature to Your pithy sum ups ..... ? :lol:.. An "if only" section 

20 minutes ago, jono said:

Enjoying these rounds ups Ellafella :thumbsup: ....

Only thing I'd add was that wonderful break in the first half when Lawrence set up Wisdom as they both burst down the right. If that had gone in it would have been a different game I reckon.*  I'd have also added something about that annoying little so and so 10 ( cairney yes ? ) .. Horrible pain in the rear but a good player 

*can we add an extra feature to Your pithy sum ups ..... ? :lol:.. An "if only" section 

Thank you @jono, you’re right about the Wisdom break but in the end the shot was 3 feet wide. I like your “If only” suggestion ...?

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Thank you @jono, you’re right about the Wisdom break but in the end the shot was 3 feet wide. I like your “If only” suggestion ...?

I fear if you add an 'if only' bit then it may not be 'in a nutshell' but become an in depth, exhaustively and any other antonyms of in a nutshell you can think of. :mellow:

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

I fear if you add an 'if only' bit then it may not be 'in a nutshell' but become an in depth, exhaustively and any other antonyms of in a nutshell you can think of. :mellow:

Spoil sport ! :D

On 3/4/2018 at 12:05, Ellafella said:

7.       Fulham then rip us apart with combination football...quick passing and movement. The sort we played 2 seasons ago. You can’t win games like that though; too much possession. Pretty on the eyes but it’ll get you nowhere.

I cry.

Archived