Get him on the plane

Rambrah

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi
10 minutes ago, YouRams said:

:lol: love your optimism for our promotion push this season.

You caught that eh? :lol:

I hope so manage it, but I can see Villa overtaking and us not quite keeping up, and we do have a bit of a reputation as bottlers...

30 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

You caught that eh? :lol:

I hope so manage it, but I can see Villa overtaking and us not quite keeping up, and we do have a bit of a reputation as bottlers...

Villa have a strong team can’t see them losing many more. 3rd time lucky in the playoffs? Keogh winner at Wembley? We can dream! 

Scott Carson will be a Premiership goalie with the Rams by August having pulled off a sensational series of saves in our successful playoff campaign to leave Southgate no option but to pay his airfare this summer.

We may have some good strikers but with our finishing would we be in the top six without such a brilliant goalie?

14 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Villa have a strong team can’t see them losing many more. 3rd time lucky in the playoffs? Keogh winner at Wembley? We can dream! 

They have to play Cardiff Norwich Derby Fulham Preston Wolves but I think your right I can't see them losing to many Also got a lot better squad than us 

• 4 weeks later...

Saw a link to this report about Southgate recalling a keeper to the England squad. Then saw it was a Championship keeper so I was certain I'd open it to see Scott's lovely face. Nope, he's ignoring Scott (and Johnstone) in favour of taking Angus Gunn

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-boss-gareth-southgate-set-12165479

Norwich City keeper Angus Gunn is poised for a shock England call up this week.

Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate drafted the 22-year-old who is on loan to the Canaries from Manchester City into his last squad as cover when Jack Butland dropped out through injury.

Gunn wasn’t involved in the November friendly against Brazil but impressed in the training sessions and is now expected to be rewarded with a place in Southgate’s squad for the prestige friendlies against Holland and Italy later this month.

Father Bryan Gunn was capped six times by Scotland during a career in which he also played for Norwich City.

Angus was born in Norwich and has come through the England ranks, starting off with the Under 16s and progressing to the Under 21s, receiving the first of his 10 caps at that level under Southgate.

Former Under 21 boss Southgate is a confirmed admirer of the 6ft 5in Gunn who was loaned to Norwich at the beginning of the season by Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.

Now he is ready to give him his senior opportunity with Joe Hart, Jordan Pickford and Butland also in Southgate’s thoughts.

Archived