The Most Bitter Man in English Football

EulogyForEvolution

10 hours ago, Ramshankered said:

In his defence, he's the only manager of the big four who has (previously) attempted to resist the urge to spunk obscene cash on players. His methods failed because no one else wanted to be that disciplined. Now he's playing catch-up. 

I say that, not because I'm a fan. I honestly have mixed views about him. Great footballing philosophy, but a bit of a douche when it comes to post-match comments. 

Just trying to give it a more balanced view. 

Think he would be a good coach in a foreign league. has his principles whcih many teams in many leagues share.

Sadly in the EPL...... if you want to compete you have to play to the same tune as everyone else.... unless of course your methods are winning trophy after trophy. Which they arent..... and even if they were, players will still go for more money to bigger clubs as long as greedy owners are prepared to pay.

The greed is so vast to compete in the EPL that its hardly worth having an academy at all, if youre not interested, as a league in developing talent and you feel you have no duty to bring on young players then you might as well cherry pick every other league for players just because you can afford to do so. Sad but true.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Aubameyang being ineligible for their game tonight “I believe that all the clubs agree now this rule has to disappear in Europe,” he said. “When you look at the transfer amounts you spend now, that you have to spend £50m, £60m, £70m in the middle of the season, that the players cannot play doesn’t make sense.” https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/14/arsene-wenger-arsenal-aubameyang-europa-league-ostersund

Completely agree.

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

On Aubameyang being ineligible for their game tonight “I believe that all the clubs agree now this rule has to disappear in Europe,” he said. “When you look at the transfer amounts you spend now, that you have to spend £50m, £60m, £70m in the middle of the season, that the players cannot play doesn’t make sense.” https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/14/arsene-wenger-arsenal-aubameyang-europa-league-ostersund

Completely agree.

Disagree myself, cup competition only represent on team each time its run. League games fine, but if you're paying that for ineligible players, well that's on you. Whenever i see something should be in place because of the amounts of money involved i tend to think that its a poor use of the money rather than something the sport should change because of the money.

I accept I'll lose the argument in the end, inevitably, progress will come.

Disagree as well. Clubs should be strengthening the squad in the summer for the season ahead, would prefer to see the January window scrapped and summer closed before the season starts. Remove all the sideshows from the game after the first ball has been kicked.

Almost 3 months between seasons, plenty of time to assemble your squad.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Disagree myself, cup competition only represent on team each time its run. League games fine, but if you're paying that for ineligible players, well that's on you. Whenever i see something should be in place because of the amounts of money involved i tend to think that its a poor use of the money rather than something the sport should change because of the money.

I accept I'll lose the argument in the end, inevitably, progress will come.

Well yeah he knew what he was in for when he signed him, doesn't make the rule make any more sense to me though.

He looks daft moaning about it when he knew it was the case, and probably wouldn't if Lacazette wasn't injured too.

They'll no doubt change the rule if Pep speaks out on it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rustylee said:

Thought this thread had to be about Sol Campbell but I suppose technically he isn’t in football at the moment 

When will Sol Campbell realise he isn't getting work because of the colour of his skin, it's down to him being a massive n*b who needs to start working at lower levels in football and earn his reputation as a manager. Oxford turned him down so start in the academy teams and work hard like everyone else. Or carry on whinging and play the race card to BBC Sport.

Archived